“Excellent Food, Friendly and Efficient Service, Warm Welcome !”
Review of Abruzzo

Abruzzo
Ranked #48 of 207 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Abruzzo is one of Macclesfield's family-run restaurants, recently undergone a facelift, we provide a relaxed environment, whether a visit is just for drinks or a meal. We specialise in Italian dining, however we have a broad menu serving steaks, fish and meats aswell as our very own Pasta's & Pizza's. All of our food is freshly made in our open kitchen and we are proud of our new-look restaurant.
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I recently visited the restaurant on a busy friday night. The staff were friendly, efficient and attentive throughout the whole evening. There were none of the annoying long waits often encountered in restaurants that become busy.

Unlike the mention in another review, the staff were never overly fussy. I can say this with confidence, as the friend I was dining with is in fact blind and they catered for her needs superbly without ever becoming overbearing or intrusive.

The menu is extensive and certainly caters for most tastes. It is probably the most Italian menu in the area.

There is also a daily specials board from which we selected our starters of prawn and scallops and one main course of a skewer of selected fresh fish. Definitely the right choice ! The other mains was medallions of veal in a mushroom sauce which was excellently cooked, as were the accompanying vegetables. The side order of zucchini fritti (courgette tempura) was both tasty and generous in portion.

It should be noted that we were told that if we would prefer another sauce for our meal from a different dish on the menu, this would be no problem.

Fresh deserts are from a display cabinet and although perhaps limited in choice were well presented and at least not taken from the deep freeze and microwaved as so often is the case in large restaurants with extensive menus.

The complimentary Lemoncello liqueur at the end added a nice traditional Italian touch of friendship being offered by the host.

A well deserved 5 stars, great value and I will definitely be returning !

6  Thank SquiddlyUK

Reviewed August 9, 2011

We arrived friday evening without reservation, found us a table, service was excellent food both had steak with sauce was cooked to perfection, shared a dessert free liquor, good value would definitely recommend

4  Thank Braniff58
Reviewed July 24, 2011

The second time I ate here was in error, as after the first experience I said I wouldn't return but my friend, who was with me on the first visit, made a mistake and booked the wrong restaurant.

Both visits were on Friday evening and the restaurant was full, the staff were pleasant and friendly, but kept coming over to see if everything was ok. Nice of them to check of course, but surely just one person should have that responsibility, this was done to such an extent, we felt pestered and interrupted, we were asked by three different members of staff during our main course alone. As well as that, our wine glasses were topped up almost each time we had taken a drink from them. It was just all too much, there's a limit to attentive service.

Our starters were ok, one was effectively a prawn cocktail and it was huge, I was glad of this because my main of Carbonara was so salty I couldn't finish it, my friend felt the same. On our second visit I ordered Arrabiatta, there was plenty of it, but it was very bland.

On both occastions, we were given a complimentory shot glass of something, which is a nice touch, but sadly not enough to make me want to go back.

1  Thank Gr8AJ
Reviewed July 14, 2011

What a fantastic evening this was the third time we have been and it just gets better and better! We have taken different friends each time and all have been impressed & intend to return again. A warm & friendly greeting each time we arrived and very attentive service all evening.We can recommend the ribs to start they are out of this world!!
We have tried several dishes on the menu and have not been disapointed once infact we intend to work our way through the entire selection as there is something for everyone!!
As with a previous review the cleanliness of the bathrooms says a lot about a restaurant and the ones in Abruzzo are immaculate!

2  Thank horsewomanManchester
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We've visited Abruzzo probably around 8 times, and have never once been let down. We've been as a group of 6, Family of 4 and as a couple. The food has always been excellent, the service friendly and the value great, with a good wine list. One thing that I don't like in a restaurant is dirt, and Abruzzo is always spotlessly clean and well presented.
keep up the great work