“Little Italy”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Went here for dinner with a friend, and we sat in the kitchen area at the back which had a great atmosphere. The food was lovely, although my starter (mussels) were a little over cooked. My main though made up for it - prawn and asparagus risotto. Very friendly service.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We used to be regular visitors to the small Rosanero cafe but sadly moved from the area just as Salvatore moved premises. Last week was our first visit following our return to Cheshire. We were delighted to find the food and choice as good as ever. The lentil soup was full of flavour and piping hot.Tthe choices reflect real italian menus and we couldn't fault the service or food. It was a busy Saturday night but our food arrived promptly and was just gorgeous.Of special mention is the gelato which Sal, the owner, has perfected . The red orange gelato was sublime.
We look forward to returning soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I visited this restaurant for the first time with a friend. It was a fabulous experience. The rack of lamb I had was the highlight! Beautifully cooked. Wine selection was good. Staff were efficient, friendly and gave us the right level of attention. The ice cream is indeed homemade and scrumptious! I will come here again when I visit.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Went for a family meal with sisters and brothers-in-law - two of whom live in Macclesfield, I had been once before for lunch when the place started as a small cafe on the edge of the town centre. Now it's re-located and the inside has been done very stylishly.

The staff are welcoming and took orders at the right time, without having to wait too long, and without feeling pushed or pressured. The group played pretty safe on the food ordering - there was a good variety of specials and some interesting looking dishes but we went for mussels starters (one meatballs) and pizza (plus one lasagne) The restaurant would do badly to mess those up. The nicest touch however was Salvatorri (I think that's his name, apologies if not) coming out of the kitchen and suggesting he cook one big Quatro Staggioni for the three of us who had ordered it - which he did and it was enormous!!

Good standard Italian restaurant food. If I lived in Macclesfield I would go back and try something more adventurous to see what the kitchen made of it.

Prices are very reasonable - for starters, main, plus drinks and wine - about 27 pounds a head. Without the booze it would have been much cheaper.

2  Thank David W
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great night out last night at Rosanero for my birthday, 7 of us so tried a good mix of dishes, specials, steak and fish. Son reckons it was best steak he'd ever tasted- requested it 'blue' and it was, tasted it myself and it was melt in the mouth delicious. We were sitting in kitchen area so was great atmosphere and waitress was a star- thanks for great night.

2  Thank mike f