“Great value”

Dining options: Reservations
Manchester England
“Great value”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Can't make sense of the bad reviews farther down the list as our experience was very positive. £5.95 for a carvery main meal is pretty good by today's standards. The only negative was, as another comment said, the hard carrots - but to be honest that is pretty much the norm at so many places these days where 'al dente' seems to be an excuse for undercooking. But the other roast veg, spuds and parsnips, were delicious. So were the leeks and cabbage.Choice of pork, turkey or beef was good. Portion reasonable. Staff were very friendly and efficient.
Pity no local real ale at the bar. My pint of Doom Bar was good, but it's Cornish!

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Staff are excellent”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Went with husband daughter and 5 month old grandson for carvery at £5.95 good value. The staff just could not do enough for you..no need to ask as they were there with information. Pleasant change to have fast response in relation to feeding and changing baby. Food was OK, none of us liked the fact that broccoli and carrots were hard and whilst appreciate not liking overcooked, these were hardly cooked at all. Just a thin slice of turkey and beef was I feel a small meat portion. Overall would try this again though to see if veg cooked by now!

Adlington, United Kingdom
“Wow!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I work on a bar at a four star Hotel and after hearing lots of friends go on about what a fantastic place this is, I was eager to go in and see what the fuss was about. All I can say is the Legh Arms puts my "four star" work place to sever shame! The staff are always polite, friendly and helpful regardless of anything. The service is prompt and flawless. Everything is well priced and and good quality. There is good teamwork and communication between all of the staff. You're made to feel welcome and relaxed no matter how busy the place is. The bar staff are an absolute pleasure to talk to and you're guaranteed a laugh, especially with the two charming (and good looking) bar men Sam and Mark. Unfortunately this place gets no where near enough credit for its genuine greatness! I went in expecting the worst and left extremely happy and very keen to return! Thank you so much for an exceptional experience! And huge congratulations on making a supposed "four star" establishment look like a poorly run petting zoo in comparison! A*****

“Fantabulous!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I went to the Legh Arms the other day for a three course meal with my better half. We were given a warm friendly greeting by the staff and our waiter (James) was an absolute delight! The food was absolutely divine and well priced! The service was quick and flawless and we were very well looked after! I would highly recommend ALL my friends and family to go here if they're after a pleasant meal with a fantastic atmosphere! Five stars! Thank you ever so much!

Visited April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Value, Good Quality Food & Friendly Service”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I visit the Legh Arms on a regular basis with both my family and friends.
I have never been disappointed with the food quality and consider the price very competitive.
Of special note are the very helpful staff - well worthy of a tip (and I rarely give a tip!). The beer is also good, particularly the bitter.

I have rcommended the Legh Arms to friends and they have all been impressed. Well worth a visit!