Tripadvisor
Macclesfield
All reviews cream tea hollin hall evening meal afternoon tea glass of prosecco groupon deal lovely building entrance hall night break scones buffet style white nancy the main house compliments to the chef lick of paint bulls head new owners
Selected filters
Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

Bought an evening stay by daughter for our anniversary
Arrived early to park car and have a walk out to a local pub for lunch
Hotel was busy with a wedding fair but we spotted a lunch offer for 3 courses and half a bottle of wine for £14.50 which we had and it was fantastic value for money
The food was great and the staff extremely friendly
We then checked into our room which to be honest was disappointing Room 42 it was spotless but decoration poor and very dated
We then went for dinner which again was wonderful as was the service from Sean and waitress whose name I cannot remember sorry
What the room lacked the friendliness of the whole team made up for

1  Thank Wychypoo
JamesCHollin, General Manager at Hollin House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review!

I will make sure your comments are passed on to Sean and Judith.

i am also pleased to say all of our rooms are being redecorated - this should be complete by early spring this year to compliment the public areas that have alrady been refurbished.

I do so hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to Hollin very soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Lacked atmosphere.
Sandwiches were soggy and tasteless.
The Prosecco was flat and even when we asked for a fresh glass from a new bottle it wasn’t much better.
Scones were dry.

The only positives were that the waitress was friendly and the coffee was nice.

In summary, it was very disappointing to say the least!

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank KandATravels
JamesCHollin, General Manager at Hollin House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

I'm sorry to read of your disappointment.

Please could you email me directly to discuss your visit - hotelmanager@hollinhousehotel.co.uk.

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Well were do I start arrived at hotel to find my booking was not correct was staying for 1 night 2 course dinner and breakfast and prosecco mince pie on arrival manager sorted this out after pointing him in the right direction as we were down for room only. Bar prices are higher rate than other places visited 14 pound for a pint and double gin and lemonade got to room to find it was small and compact mold on windows and paint pealing on the walls in the bathroom bed that was uncomfortable and listening to springs all night waiting for them to pop through the mattress topper horrendous nights sleep arrived at breakfast to find all food cold bacon was like eating a rubber sole will not be visiting again all staff seemed miserable. Very disappointed customer.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jason B

I was very sorry to read of your disappointment - this falls far short of the product and service myself and the team are striving to achieve here at Hollin House.

Please could you email me directly with details of your experience - hotelmanager@hollinhousehotel.co.uk

Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

Been here many moons ago now back for a year end party stayover.An impressive frontage to this venue with ample parking and it was full tonight. Easy and friendly arrival and check in as we had pre booked and paid also a credit tab available. There's a lift to both floors or stairs if you're fit .there have been some improvements made due to the recent management and ownership change .the rooms have benefited here with mostly new fully functional fittings and heating. Also good quality bedding and towels. There is free wifi throughout hotel and freeview service on tv. Our NYE party was very well attended and we enjoyed it very much. It was well organised and the food was excellent. all of the staff were friendly and approachable . We arrived late for the breakfast at 9am but were the first .unfortunately all the food had been available from 7am so was not in a very hot condition I think given that it was Nye maybe a later start would have been better all the other guests did not turn up until 9.30. To sum up we enjoyed our stay and we didn't have any problems with anything and it was very good value for an all inclusive stay over.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback - I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay!

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon to Hollin to see the continued changes we are making!

Reviewed January 8, 2020

We stayed on a mid week wowcher voucher deal, great value, lovely evening meal with a bottle of proscecco included. Our room was a refurbished one. The hotel is in a lovely setting with walks nearby. The staff were all very helpful and friendly too. We will return..

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review - I am so pleased you had such a great time!

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!