All reviews wowcher deal cream tea afternoon tea evening meal glass of prosecco lovely building entrance hall scones buffet style night break white nancy a living social deal compliments to the chef new owners country house hotel christmas decorations lick of paint
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

I rarely write negative reviews but this place needs serious attention.
I was given the key to room that had not been cleaned used towels etc.
Appeared they were doing a big favour to give me another room.
At breakfast in the cup had lipstick on it , sausages not fully cooked , beans cold.
Management / owners need to get a grip.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank 577MichaelO
HollinMgt, Owner at Hollin Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2017

Dear Michael O,

Many thanks for your review. Whilst I find it difficult to take a review that is headed up a "Faulty Towers" seriously it is always essential that we question ourselves and try and work out what went wrong. Having spoken to the person that allocated the incorrect room and then worked to resolve the issue, she is absolutely mortified that she gave the impression of "doing a big favour". Her explanation was that she was really very embarrassed about it and just wanted to help resolve the issue as soon as possible.
I have explained that being embarrassed and resolving the issue is only part of resolving a problem, we then went on to discuss what else could have been done to reassure the guest.
There can be no excuse for the lack of care and attention regarding the breakfast you received, so please accept my apologies for this.
I hope you found your room to your liking and that the issues with the beans and sausage were dealt with quickly.

Many thanks

Reviewed June 4, 2017

Looks nice from the outside. Needs a facelift. Room 49 not the best. mattress was disgusting . needs mattress and pillow protectors . I think all the rooms must be the same. Yuck. very disappointed with Hollin Hall Hotel

Room tip: Look for another place to stay
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Neil H

Dear Neil H,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review.
Room 49 has been moved to the refurbish list as a result of your review.
We recently completed the ground floor as that had the highest proportion of below standard rooms.
The vast majority of rooms are of a high or good standard.

Best wishes

Reviewed June 1, 2017

My friend and I and our dogs ( Ralph the Yorkshire terrier pup and Mollie the collie) have just returned from a 3 night stay at The Hollin Hall Hotel in Bollington (Peak District). There is always a bit of trepidation when booking dog friendly accommodation, as past experience has not been great. It sometimes feels as though people think that you should be grateful to stay in the worst rooms in their establishment, whilst paying the same price as the other guests who stay in much better quality rooms.
I am so very pleased to announce that the complete opposite was encountered at The Hollin Hall Hotel.
The twin room was spotlessly clean and in excellent condition.
The dogs were not allowed in the dining room but we could choose to eat in the lounge or bar area (both were beautiful). We chose the lounge to eat all of our meals and we were very impressed with the service and attention we were given throughout our stay.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who work there, this includes the domestics, waiting and bar staff and receptionists. They were friendly, professional and they loved dogs!j
The food was amazing! The chef is very talented and has put an exceptional menu together. Every course was perfectly cooked, full of flavour and beautifully presented.
The grounds of the hotel and the surrounding area are gorgeous, great for taking photos and walking the dogs.
This hotel is a must for anyone to stay at whether you are a dog owner or not.
I will definitely be returning in the future.

Room tip: All rooms are great
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Susan H,

Many thanks for writing your review and delighted you had such a great stay.

Hollin Hall has a historical connection with Dog Lovers. Henry Davenport who spared no expense renovating Hollin Hall in the 1890's was a keen dog lover. We have kept to that tradition and allocated 6 rooms for Dog use. You will know that we also make an extra charge of £25 to pay for the deep clean following your departure.

People unaccompanied by dogs are also welcome :-)

All the best

Reviewed June 1, 2017

We attended a wedding and the whole event was lovely. The staff were on the whole very helpful and attentive. The standard of catering for our pre-requested vegan diet was excellent, although the lack of vegan bread was a minus. We really appreciated the effort the chef had gone to - to make it even better, a carbohydrate side order would have been perfect. Our room was fine, although as other reviewers have pointed out, there is no "user manual" or fire safety notice and the temperature was way too hot. it was a very hot spell, but I think the staff could have opened windows earlier in the day and drawn curtains. The function room likewise was incredibly hot - it had windows but they were kept tightly closed. I am surprised no-one fainted!

Date of stay: May 2017
HollinMgt, Owner at Hollin Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Dear Salterswall,

Many thanks for you review. I really appreciate your comments about the warmth and windows and curtains. I will feedback to the team.
The fire notices have all been updated with better graphics and clearer directions. You may have stayed during the swap over of signage.

Kind Regards

Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

I stayed two nights in this hotel with my boyfriend. Upon arrival we were quickly checked in and went to our room. Our room was clean spacious as was the bathroom. No mould in sight. As we booked this with a Wowcher deal we got a 3 course meal included on our first night and I have to say the food was amazing, we also ate there on our second night and the food was still to the highest of standards, just could not fault it.
The only con I would say was that both the Saturday and Sunday they had weddings on and even though there is a function room for the wedding party they use the same bar as all the guests and the bar not being massive could fill with wedding guests and you'd get a few odd looks and could be waiting 10/15 minutes for a drink.
But overall this hotel is lovely and would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Beth M,
Many thanks for your review.
We do have plans to add the resident only facilities, the Drawing Room and Restaurant are both away from the events but the Hotel Bar is a shared space. The wedding party knows this but I can understand your sense of intrusion whilst waiting at the bar. We have a cunning plan to re-instate a bar in the Restaurant and also to encourage more table service to be provided in the drawing room and restaurant after dinner service is complete.

Once again many thanks for your feedback, really useful.

Regards