“Something a bit out of the ordinary”
Review of Cheshire Gap Deli

Cheshire Gap Deli
Ranked #92 of 216 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Been using it for many years. Worth the walk from the primary shopping area of Macclesfield. Good selection of savoury and pastries. Cheese is a fine selection and their bread is good.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Please visit here and buy pies to take home as all the food looks and tastes delicious, there should be one in every town!!! Well done to all the staff and keep it up.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I love the Cheshire gap for it's deli counter but was very disappointed by my recent visit for a cake and coffee.

My scone was nice but disappointed to find that it was served with very cheap jam and canned cream. I have never before been served a scone with canned cream, and would expected clotted or at least whipped cream. My orange juice was from a carton and was from concentrate.

I will pop in to the deli counter but would expect more from the cafe before visiting again.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place has great food and looks great with lots of choice and food on display. However the staff really need be sent to customer service training school! They were terrible. It has a strange set up where staff are all wearing the same uniform but whether they are busy or not they are seperated into shop staff and cafe staff... You'd be forgiven for thinking they are in different rooms... They're not. They are stood next to each other!!! It is crazy. Not knowing what is what I asked the shop staff for a high chair so we could sit and eat and she said oh you'll have to ask at the cafe, me thinking I was in the wrong room or even building. I asked where that was and she gestered to someone who was standing about 2 metres away from her. Girl behind cafe desk was so miserable and unfriendly when I was ordering food we felt totally uncomfortable. If it wasn't for my baby already being fed we would have walked straight back out. Management you have a great business, sort your staff out and it could be an amazing place to visit. Agree with another review, it is cramped.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Food Ok, small tables so a bit cramped. Bit pricey for what it is.