“Nice enough”

Hare Hill Park and Gardens.
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Been to quiet a few gardens. Hare hill has some fantastic rhododendrons so I would visit around May to see them in their full splendour. The walled gardens were mainly laid to lawn, I was expecting more somehow.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

A lovely walled garden and pathways with lots of carved wooden hares. Excellent for dog walking. Walkway across fields to Alderley Edge 2 miles

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Hare Hill Gardens themselves are not huge but on. Nice summers day they are lovely to walk around. They are relatively flat so are not difficult. There is a bird hide where you can lots of squirrels and birds. Great to watch. I saw a nuthatch when I was there. We took our dog and whilst she needed to stay on the lead she enjoyed it.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Good for walking around the estate. The walled gardens are still in a stage of development so don't expect an abundance of plants

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We are NT members so this was completely free, but it's definitely worth the £4 on a nice day and if you don't want to pay £4 to park, you can park for free further down the road near the woods and walk up.

We're both adults but we still enjoyed looking for the hares! The gardens are lovely and I saw a few plants I hadn't seen before. We also saw a few rabbits here and there. The bird hide is fun and the live feed of the bird boxes. The volunteers and staff were all very friendly too. Our favourite bit was the walled garden where we played croquet, badminton and giant Jenga. The games are just out so you help yourself, although I can imagine they get taken quickly in the holidays and at the weekend.

We also did the 4 mile walk to Alderley Edge and back (you can get a free guide from the ticket booth), which was fun, and we stopped off for a drink at the Wizard on the way.