“Meal for Two”
Review of Egerton Arms

Egerton Arms
Ranked #26 of 206 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Egerton Arms is a traditional country pub with low beams, big fireplaces, bizarre antiques and a long bar with old brass pumps. Having now been revived as a local to the townsfolk of sunny Chelford, the pub features a fully equipped hundred-seater restaurant with friendly table service. All food is sourced locally by our experienced and very serious chefs (serious about food that is). The menu is a selection of classic pub favourites and then the chef goes wild on his specials chopping board.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Meal for Two”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

In a trip out my partner and I called in to the Egerton for a pub lunch. We noticed when parking that they had won Pub of the Year 2011, car-park relatively quiet though probably due to the holiday season. On entering we were promptly shown to a table, good selection on offer on both the menu and specials board. Great selection of drinks at the bar and real ales. We both fancied something simple and ordered fish & chips and a cheeseburger with all the trimmings. After a relatively short wait the food arrived, the fish was heavenly with a lovely tasty light crispy batter, the cheeseburger the best one I have ever had. The only slight negative were the chips, very pale and probably frozen? Despite this we will definitely be calling in again as we both agreed it was a very enjoyable and good value meal. Hopefully they would have changed their chips for next time and it will be five stars all the way! Briefly spoke with the owner seems a very nice guy.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Nicola O

• Korean first
Buxton, United Kingdom
“Don`t bother.”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

After passing this place numerous times in the course of my work,and noting how busy car always
seems to be I rather foolishly expected something better.
My wife,grandson and I arrived at 7.15pm and ordered 1x mixed grill,1xrump steak and sausage and mash.
At 8.15pm the meal finally arrived no explanation as to the delay given,
The mixed grill resembled over cooked road kill with those good old fashioned frozen "home made chips"
Rump steak was nice in its self because that is about all there was just frozen chips and peas to keep it company,no onion ring or tomatoes both stated on menu but not on plate,
Kiddies sausage and mash was ok
Upon paying bill (Best end of £40) gent behind bar kept fishing for compliments and saying hope the wait was worthwhile, well i`am sorry to say fella but you`re deluded all I can say about this place is Overated and Overpriced.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Smurfsmith
north west
“Really great atmosphere. Very cosy.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Went to the Egerton this past weekend for a meal with family. The car park was packed so we were worried everything would take ages to come out but as we had booked a table we were seated straight away. The food selection was great and looked very appetizing. The staff were welcoming and the manager came over to say hi, which I thought was lovely. The roast beef was cooked to order and tasted great but my starter of pate was the show stealer- simply yummy.
The meal was a birthday treat for my boyfriends nan and on the way out the manager gave her a little bottle of pesecco, which made her day. Lovely warm atmosphere, great food cooked to order and all came out hot and together and the service was fab. Top marks.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank sassyNorthWest
Kirkby Stephen, United Kingdom
“Moules and Frites!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Yummy. Good service. Great value. Would go again. Easy to locate and varied menu It is annoying that Trip Advisor is insisting on more text! I have said all I want to say!

Visited July 2013
Manchester
“Looks a bit dirty in places..but..”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great food. Good beers.good service. Deli poor. .bit pricey. .sticky menus and tables..try hard to please...well worth a trip

• Visited July 2013