“Utterly stunning”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Downpatrick
“Utterly stunning”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

1st time in Corin. Totally orgasmic meal. Amuse Bouche of French onion soup, I had the quail cooked 3 ways probably the best starter I've ever eaten. Passion fruit sorbet then we opted for brill and sea bass. I was advised the soufflé would take 1/2 hour which I was completely ok with. The lovely staff kept apologising for the wait and even offered us complimentary tea or coffee to make up for the wait, don't know why it really only did take the 1/2 hour. It was worth waiting on like eating an intensely rich chocolate cloud. My husband had the cheese board which he thought was the best cheese board ever. If you are a foodie througherly recommend you try this restaurant.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Overpriced for midweek outing”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My sister and I like to meet over a reasonably casual midweek meal in Belfast, Holywood or occasionally Bangor. We decided to try Corin as we knew you did not need to advance book on Tuesdays and I hadn't been there before. I'm sure the weekend experience when the restaurant is full and buzzing perhaps is somewhat different, but in this case we were the first people in, and there were not more than one or two other tables filled the whole time we were there- it felt to me like sitting in a rather uninspiring shop or cafe. I was disappointed to then find that it seemed you could only plump for either a '2 course' or '3 course' menu selection- there seemed to be no option to just have one course. The 2 course was £26.50. I live in Belfast and eat out all the time, and I thought this way overpriced compared with the value in town, most restaurants (even the really good ones) there having either 'pre-theatre' or 'early bird' menus for about half that. Then- to really stick the boot in- on what was a very small menu of both mains and starters, I'd say at least 75% of these all had hefty supplements on top. Well! We plumped for the few choices that didn't have supplements, this was just a midweek girls' meal. I couldn't fault the food, it was very good, nor the service, just the price. I'm left thinking that people who think this is good value must only go out at weekends or on birthdays. That would explain why it was almost empty. This place needs a much better value midweek menu to attract those of us who don't just eat out on special occasions, but regularly- meanwhile, I'll stick with Belfast!

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Moira670
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Top Class!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I do not usually leave reviews, this is my first as i felt the need to share how good this place is!

From initial contact to make the booking through the whole process to paying the bill this was a pleasant experience throughout. Patient, very helpful and understanding, especially with me not knowing what cake to order and changing the booking several times – that’s the owner Philip and Nick who was unfortunate enough to get me on the phone several times. Then the staff on the night… lovely, friendly and professional, perfect mix and balance, helped make it a perfect night, along with Philip, who I met on the night, he was genuinely most welcoming, friendly and very kind – an opinion that echoed through our group.

The venue itself was very nice, great atmosphere, warm with a nice décor and spotless. The menu also great, with 9 in our party all easily finding something to their taste, most of us struggling to choose as so much of the menu sounded appealing. The food was beautiful, full of flavour, the nicest meal I have had the pleasure of enjoying when dining out, full of flavour, lovely presentation, with the complimentary breads and amuse being very tasty, everyone in our party had the same opinion. Beautiful chocolates served with the coffee, another special touch. I found the staff attentive without making us feel rushed at any time and we did take our time!

Yes, this is not the cheapest place in Bangor to eat however for the quality of the food and the service, Corin is great value for money, you cannot compare the prices to pub grub when the food and service is a completely different level. Add on the extra touches and complimentary extras the pricing is more that reasonable! Top class. This was a birthday surprise and I owe thanks to Philip and his team for making it perfect. I think when you have 9 people with different personalities and tastes all leaving a restaurant really impressed with both the food and service, that says something! A special night, real treat and we will be back every chance we get.

Bangor, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic night”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had a fantastic night last Saturday. The food, wine, service and atmosphere was perfect. We look forward to going back.

The Rowdy Bunch !!

1 Thank Bally38
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Very impressed first time visitor”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I visited Corin for the first time last night and had a brilliant meal. I and my two friends went for the three course option and pretty much cleared every plate along with an excellent cheese board.

For starter I ordered quail which was served three ways. I especially loved the quail and black pudding lollipop and Scotch egg. For main, I had the steak special which was fabulously rare and topped with the house butter and served with chips and salad. Impossible to fault. There was a half an hour wait for the soufflé so we opted to share some cheese and what a super cheeseboard we were treated too. 10 different cheeses served with home made biscuits and chutneys. The Epoisses the star of the show, all washed down with a glass of Ruislip. Really good.

The soufflé was worth the wait and and was a great end to the meal and left all three of us planning our next trip back.

The little extras of the pre starter and sorbet were lovely touches and what I enjoyed was that at no time where we ever under any time pressure. When food is this good, I like to take my time over it and enjoy the night and my friends and I certainly did.

We did book again, we managed to get one of the few tables left for the tasting menu for their one year anniversary. I can't wait to go back and see what Philip and his team cook us up next time.

1 Thank Neiley7272