“Fantastic food!!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Wonderful relaxed fine dining, the owner met and greeted the night we were there although he also produces the wonderful food too.
Went with my husband and found the prices very reasonable £30 for 3 courses - the standard of food is exceptional!
Def need to book well in advance for a table at the weekend -we were lucky to get a cancellation.
You will not be disappointed!!

3  Thank JELLYBEAN12345

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was my second visit to The Corin and it is good to report that it has been able to maintain the previous high standard.

There was a choice of Swedish Rye or Sweet Potato and Carmelised Onion bread and then an amuse bouche of celeriac soup with a tiger prawn which was delicious.

As it was just over 3 months since our last visit the menu was the same so having taken the Duck Confit with fig and asparagus salad on the last visit I went for the roasted beetroot with chard and goat's cheese fritters which was delicious although the duck is undoubtedly the star starter.

I'm personally not a big apple fan but the addition of cinnamon gave this flavoured sorbet as a palate cleanser a real kick.

We had been met at the door by the owner Philip who introduced himself and when I asked that my duck be cooked right through as I didn't like it pink he explained their cooking method which to be quite honest was a bit over my head!! but said to trust him it would be thoroughly cooked and tender and he was quite correct - served with celeriac potato it WAS delicious.

The others had the lamb which I took the last time and pronounce it yum! We were able toget sides of fondant potato and a selection of vegetables which included pea shoots, asparagus, butternut squash and courgette.

The others reneged on dessert but having looked on lasciviously last time at the fig tart with cinnamon ice cream I made sure I had it this time - absolutely mouthwatering - the pastry just melted in your mouth.

A diner at the next table had taken the cheesboard and it looked magnificent so I have it in mind for the next time!

Coffee and petite fours finished off another outstanding meal.

I had forgotten to mention the wine in my previous review but the bottle of house Chilean red was very palatable and I have to say fairly priced at £12.95.

Obviously it's hard to keep costs under control and there was a charge for the coffee this time.

Although it was as busy, pleasingly it wasn't just as noisy.

One slight downside but not enough to spoil it was that the starter and main were only just warm enough - any cooler and they would have been sent back but my sister-in-law didn't want any fuss to be made.

It seems that the menu will be changing shortly so I will be eagerly waiting to try some new tastes on our next visit.

Undoubtedly the star spot in the Province at the minute and to a certain reviewer I can only say I am definitely not a friend or family of the owners!

1  Thank northbelfatfoodrover
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We where very lucky to get a cancellation and although we arrived early, we where shown straight to our table. The staff throughout the night where attentive, professional and very knowledgeable. The food was exceptionally good, the presentation was without fault and the balance of flavours perfect - very definitely the best I have ever tasted in Bangor if not in Northern Ireland. The table was ours for the night and there was absolutely no hint of pressure to make way for another sitting as happens too often. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough and look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great restaurant. One of our party has food allergies and the chef came to the table to discuss them. He didn't just remove the offending ingredients ( which a lot of place do and the food is then bland) but added extra items that she could eat. Overall beautiful food and very good service.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I took my husband here for dinner. Great value at £24.95 for 2 courses, a glass of wine was £4.50! Sushi themed amuse bouche. We had the trout and duck to start, the latter being far superior. The mains were good in particular the lamb, however the tapenade somewhat overpowered the other delicate flavours. We declined desert. I hear there is now a 12 week wait for a table which in my opinion is a bit far fetched. The restaraunt is good but not so exclusive or divine that I would rebook immediately.

2  Thank rainbowzebra27