“Best Restaurant in Bangor” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corin on Mainstreet - CLOSED

Corin on Mainstreet
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
“Best Restaurant in Bangor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I found staff friendly new there job well . Superb food and quality of service you didn't have to rush your meal. I had a three course meal tonight value for money . I strongly Recomend you dine in Corin in Bangor . I will be back in Corin as had a fabulous dineing experience.

I'd like to say ThankYou to all the staff for a wonderful meal. Corin has Exellent access for wheelchair users as well.

Visited July 2013

Belfast, United Kingdom
“A wonderful Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I visited Corin for the first time last night with my family after hearing great reports about the place. As it is so popular, we did have to wait several weeks to get a table at the weekend for 6 people, but we it was definetely worth the wait as we had a lovely evening and the the food and the service were faultless.

While it might appear to be a bit pricey at first, the two or three course meal price is in fact excellent value as there are no other hidden charges for bread, an "amuse bouche," coffee or petit fours (ie no unpleasant surprises when you receive the bill which is simple to read and check).

They also have a good selection of wines and other beverages and the house wine is extremely reasonably priced.

All the staff were excellent (very friendly and attentive but not in your face) and there is a lovely atmosphere in the place. The owner himself is now doing front of house and his obvious passion for the his restaurant making his customers feel welcome is lovely to see.

The food itself was also gorgeous and all beautifully cooked - most of us had fish dishes which were really light, clean and fresh but with bags of flavour. We all went away fully satisfied having had a great meal without feeling overfull. The focus in Corin is definetely quality over quantity and I would describe it as good value unpretentious fine dining and am very much looking forward to a second visit!

• Visited July 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A promising start!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

My partner and I ate here about a month after it opened. We had been to Rioja some time ago and enjoyed it - but this was an altogether different experience. Where Rioja was very laidback, this is a bit scaled up. In terms of the food, a fair bit. In terms of the service, a lot.

On my visit, my girlfriend and I were impressed by the changes that had been made to the interior. There are periodic symbols dotted around the walls and the furniture has been updated - it has a nice feel to it, almost. Except, it's too busy. Whilst I was eating my delicious and complimentary amuse bouche I actually had to apologise to a lovely lady at the table beside us as I'd inadvertently elbowed her. It's a very busy room, which is fine and sometimes desirable, but we were pretty much involved in the discussions of every table bordering ours, whether we wished to be or not... and often we did NOT!

They have a policy of only having one sitting per table, but I would suggest that's a bad policy and they should ditch some tables instead of some bookings. We found the front of house staff a bit cloying and annoying and false, but we're hard to please.
, who has
Having said all that, the food was outstanding and this place has gone straight to my number 2 spot in Bangor. It's a great boon for the town and I only wish they could find a larger property to inhabit and a better front of house staff. The food deserves it, and the chef patron, who has taken a big risk and is doing it well, deserves to have better people working for him.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ireland
“Will not try this restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

This may be the next best restaurant in Bangor but they need to get a proper booking system.
I do not wish to use email for booking, due to being sick of spam emails and personal details being sold.
I left a message on a Saturday, by Wednesday I still had not received a reply for a booking 4 weeks in advance. I left another message on Wed, this time I received a call. Thankfully I leave my
mobile downstairs as the call was at 23.05. This is a complete lack of respect for others and the worst manners.
If there is no reply to this comment by management I definitely will not be trying this restaurant before it inevitably goes down the pan.

Visited June 2013
5 Thank GBandLMS
Philip M, Owner at Corin on Mainstreet, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I am very sorry to read your comments as it not our policy to ignore phone calls from customers or to phone customers after 9pm so if a member of my staff called you at 23.05 I sincerely apologise and have re iterated that customers who make contact should be responded to as soon as possible at a reasonable time. When we opened in April we had some problems with messages on the phone such was the volume of callers but this is sorted out and Nicky who organises the bookings assures me that all messages are responded to as soon as possible and he makes all calls before service begins at 6pm. We are open Wed to Sat so if a message is left on a Sunday for example it will not be replied to until the next Tuesday when the restaurant is staffed. I am happy to chat to you further should you have any other issues and am available all day on a Friday to speak to any customer. We are closed this week but will re-open on 17 July and I will be on site all day on 20 July if you wished to call in. Once again I offer my sincere apologies in respect of your experience.

Philip McCrea
Owner Corin Restaurant
Bangor, N.I.
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Have put off writing a review as I really want to keep the restaurant to myself! However, as the difficulty in booking a table has shown, LOTS of diners know about it! Delighted that at last Bangor can boast the BEST dining experience! Quality of food, presentation, great ambience, delightful staff and surprisingly reasonable price are unsurpassed. The "freebies", unheard of anywhere else, are such a generous touch....amuse-bouches, selection of home-baked breads, sorbet, coffee and petits fours!
Our last visit, 2 nights ago, revealed a price rise, £24.95 for 2 courses, previously £22.50. But no doubt this could partly be because there is only one sitting...no-one hassled to leave the table, which means empty ones can be spotted from 9/9.30pm onwards. Better to pay a little extra and enjoy an unhurried experience. And decent wine from £10 a bottle? Unheard of elsewhere!
Cannot recommend this restaurant more highly. It beats any meal I've had in France!!

• Visited May 2013