“What a find!!”
Review of Garfunkel's Ballyholme - CLOSED

Garfunkel's Ballyholme
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A family run bistro, serving good home cooking at the right price. Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Also running an early bird menu between 5pm and 6:30pm. Fully licensed and also running a B.Y.O system. You can also just pop in for a coffee and cake in the afternoon.
Bangor Co.Down Northern Ireland
“What a find!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We called into Garfunkel's on Monday night 12th Aug on spec hoping to get something to eat. We were in time for the early bird special, arriving just before 18:30, with a 2 course for £10. The 3 of us had a lovely meal, beautifully presented and tasty. There is a bar option but also bring your own. The waitress that evening was Elaine (I think) I was in full view of her and she was so hard working but totally in control of the floor. Serving dinners, collecting plates, taking food orders, taking drink orders, accepting bills - she did it all with a smile and very quickly - she needs a raise!! I for one will certainly be back, I would recommend Garfunkel's highly.

1 Thank PickiePool

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Fabulous food, beautiful decor, reasonably priced, fantastic service, great atmosphere and will be back

1 Thank SeraJC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING FOOD AND STAFF”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

me and my family went here on the 7th of aug and found the food increddible and staff were very friendly and the price was very good for what you got would defo recommend to any one who is in bangor top class keep it up garfunkles

1 Thank alyba
Donaghadee, null, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and i went to this resturaunt for breakfast on 3rd of August 2013, I had the poached eggs with toast and the wife had French toast and bacon, I have to say the food was delicious, (the poached eggs were done to perfection) and overall i was very impressed with the whole experience. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone planning to visit Bangor.

1 Thank Paul F
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good Food, Lovely Staff.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My Boyfriend and I came here on our anniversary. When we came in the staff were very attentive and asked us whether we would like to sit upstairs or down. There were more people upstairs so we sat downstairs. The menu had a great variety on it and the drinks menu had our favourite drink so we were happy. We ordered a bottle of New Zealand Sauv Blanc and food and sat having a great conversation.
The starters came out very quickly we both had Brie it was absolutely gorgeous I love brie wedges and the coulis complimented it so well. The mains followed shortly after, I had the steak which was cooked to perfection. My Boyfriend had a chilli burger was huge he enjoyed every bit of it. The staff were very attentive and looked after us well. For dessert we waited a bit before ordering as we were quite full. We eventually ordered a pavlova to share. This is my only criticism it definitely was not pavlova. It is suppose to be a crisp crust on the outside and light and fluffy in the inside. The pavlova we got was a small piece of meringue that when you cut into it it deflated and was sticky inside.
Apart from the dessert we had a really lovely meal and evening. We will definitely return.

• Visited July 2013