“Lovely guest house - made us feel very welcome.”

Shelleven Guest House
Ranked #1 of 18 Bangor B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My mother and I stayed here for three nights in July. We were given a lovely big room at the front of the guest house with views towards the harbour. The owners made us feel very welcome and looked after us very well. The breakfast was lovely and filled us up for the rest of the day - nothing was too much trouble.
We hired a car from Avis at Belfast Airport and were charged nearly £400 pounds for a small scratch on the door when we returned it - I accept that we needed to pay something (although it certainly wasn't caused by us) towards it but the amount was excessive. I would certainly not recommend this company to anyone!
Anyway, back to Shelleven - very good value for money and exactly what we needed - thank you :-)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We just stayed for three nights at Shellevenhouse house, we booked the sea view room which was beautiful. We enjoyed our stay in Bangor great location and the train system into Belfast is wonderful. Mary and Phillip are wonderful hosts, their breakfasts are the best. Mary makes the best cheese omelettes. So if you are want a great bed and breakfast please stay here,we really enjoyed the experience and I know you will to.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marilyn B
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stayed two nights at the Shelleven Guest House and had an overall very good experience. The owners are very friendly and very helpful. The level of service is truly recommendable.
My room - not too big but really well kept - was unfortunatly a bit cold - the heat was just turned on when I arrived and it took some time to warm up and because the following day was quite cool outside it was about the same again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We stayed here about a year ago as a family with two children. Very comfortable and clean bedroom and bathroom. Brilliant breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank J A
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Being disabled, I have more demands than an average traveler. I was impressed by the trouble taken in this hotel to provide me with a shower chair for the shower of my ground floor room which even had grab handles! It was clean, comfortable and the cooking was excellent. Both my travelling companions were delighted with the quality of their very tasty & generous 'Ulster Fries' for breakfast, while I enjoyed the range of cereals, fresh juice & yogurt. Coffee Tea & toast were supplied so generously it would keep even the hungriest & greediest people happy. This was my first visit to N.Ireland & the friendly, helpful owners of this hotel gave me the best first impression I could have hoped for.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Irene K
Reviewed January 11, 2012

we stayed 4 nights and the owners were so hospitable and friendly, very helpful as on our last day our flight was not until evening but let us use lounge and keep luggage until departure. Breakfast was excellent and the room was very clean and spacious (we did have the disabled room) we hope that if we can return to Bangor to be able to stay again

Room Tip: use taxi service as recommended by owners very good