“Christmas Party nights! Superb!”

Clandeboye Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed February 1, 2014

20 of us booked in for our Christmas Staff do to go to the Hollywood Glamour night on Friday 13th December!
I can honestly say this was the best Christmas do we have ever had. Food was lovely, staff were very welcoming and looked after us well. The band were great and the general atmosphere of the night was fab!
We will most definitely be back!
How early do you take booking?! :-)

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Looking for somewhere new and interesting on the local restaurant scene, we decided to try something different and check out the new Coq and Bull restaurant at Clandeboye Lodge Hotel. The setting was fantastic - the whole interior of the hotel has undergone an extensive renovation since the last time we were there; it's very elegant, stylish yet with a relaxed, informal feel. The dining experience reflected this and I was glad to see none of the uncomfortable shabby-chic reclaimed furniture style that seems to be so over played in modern restaurants at the minute...

The food was every bit as good as the surroundings; my scallops starter was excellent - really fresh, flavourful and fabulously presented (the cauliflower puree was just as delicious as the perfectly cooked seared scallops). The quality continued with my main course of sirloin steak - I don't often choose steak as a main as so many restaurants in NI tender to overcook it but I took the plunge and I'm glad I did. It was perfectly rare as I'd asked with a lovely seared flavour on the outside. The triple-cooked chips were deliciously fluffy on the inside and satisfyingly crunchy on the outside, whilst the bearnaise sauce was a perfect match in both flavour and consistency for the steak and chips. My dining partner had the burger which she reported as the best she can remember having. I think I'll try it the next time I'm there...which will be soon! We didn't have capacity for desserts but will work up to it for our next visit.

Overall, great dining experience in a great setting and very good value. Something different and definitely worth the visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank NIcityhopper
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had our wedding at Clandeboye in August 2013. From the minute we starting planning our big day the staff at Clandboye where on hand to help no matter how many times I phoned or emailed them. On the day Ian and his team where on hand to ensure everything went to plan, including finding super glue to fix my necklace. Clandeboye is an excellent place to have a wedding. The food and service were fantastic. The rooms are a good size with plently of space to move around. I would recommend anyone looking to get married in Northern Ireland to look at Clandboye Lodge as a venue. The location is excellent, with being just outside Bangor it has a country feel but close enough to the local town should you wish to leave the hotel in the evening. We can't thank them enough for making our day so special.

Room Tip: All the rooms at Clandeboye are excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great value for the two rooms we had for the two nights at end of December 2013. The rooms were comfortable and clean, with an extra single bed provided for our third child. Breakfast was freshly cooked, and very tasty. Food at dinner was wonderful - my steak in particular was great.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We have seen the New Year in at home for the last twenty years or so but for 2013 we thought we would try the Clandeboye lodge hotel and see what they had to offer. We phoned a week or so in advance and booked a table for four which included dinner and entertainment to see the New Year in, my wife and I arrived first and took a seat in the lobby in front of a roaring fire and when our friends arrived we were accompanied to our table by a staff member and what a delight that was, the table was laid out beautifully and we were immediately made to feel at ease by the attention that the staff poured upon us. The three course dinner was delightful and the wine although expensive (come on it's New years eve) was flowing. The entertainment was via a three piece band and we all danced the night away until around 1am when our taxi came and we all made a dash for home. I have to say the location was spot on and the Clandeboye lodge staff did indeed go the extra mile to make sure one and all had a memorable first class evening.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I had the great pleasure of staying at the Clandeboye Lodge at the end of November for the occasion of my daughter's wedding. Given that Christmas was approaching, the Clandeboye Lodge did a fantastic job of creating a winter wonderland feel for the wedding. The staff could not have been more helpful and paid great attention to detail to ensure that the bride, groom and their guests had a truly wonderful experience. The food and the meal service were fantastic as was the accommodation for the guests who stayed the night. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel for functions such as weddings and for accommodation.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights after our wedding prior to our trip back to Australia, and it was a lovely experience - relaxing, quiet and just what we needed. Service was great, friendly, and the Malaysian night manager in particular (I'm sorry I've forgotten his name) is a real asset to this hotel. I would strongly recommend dining in the restaurant as it was the best steak I've ever had! Will definitely try and get back here for a relaxing break!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
Rayanne House
Rayanne House
#2 of 2 in Holywood
La Mon Hotel & Country Club

Been to Clandeboye Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!