“Great Value & Staff Are So Lovely!”
Review of Gringos - CLOSED

Gringos
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gringos is a fantastic new Bring Your Own (BYO) mexican restaurant experience offering all the delights of Mexico and more! We aren't going to give you the normal sales patter, we simply say "pruébelo usted mismo" or try it for yourself.At Gringos have taken traditional mexican cuisine to the next level by refining the flavours and textures to create something very special indeed. Every dish we create is made with the freshest of ingredients and the majority of goods would be sourced locally by our chefs to ensure you the quality.All Gringos restaurants offer coffees and snacks throughout the day with takeaway options available from our lunch menu including an array of packaged torta sandwiches and wraps made fresh in house everyday.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Me and my husband went to Bangor and after a walk around we decided to get something to eat. We stopped someone in the street and asked where was nice? for them to reply Gringos the Mexican on Hamilton Road. After getting the directions we both headed round. We arrived and was seated by a very nice girl who then was on hand to answer a couple of question we had due to not being to familiar with mexican food. The lunch menu has a lot of choice and with a couple of different deals as well it didn't break the bank. We had a delicious meal here and plan to visit again next Saturday night. This is a great wee place and I will be recommending it to everyone I know. Well worth the trip from Belfast!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I am the only one in my family that has had mexican before in various places (including a few in the Americas) and this is rather average. Maybe it's that the food was delivered in boxes (the salad was brown)/(maybe keep the burrito in tinfoil?) or something to that effect. My family enjoyed it as they've never had Mexican before. I know it's fresh food but it's still rather expensive. For that price you would expect something massive or with free extras. It's still a rather new restaurant however and expect that it will get a lot of custom of people trying Mexican for the first time.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Quite a surprise to find a Mexican restaurant in this northerly part of the island. Good service; clean restrooms; food above average, i.e., tasty enough without being too spicy. The brisket was especially good! No liquor licence but they did have a corkage fee if people wanted to BYOB.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I went to Gringos with a party of 12 for my birthday on Saturday and I have to say the service was fantastic. Normally its very hard to cater for that many, especially in a relatively small restaurant on a busy Saturday night, but they couldn't do enough for us, always checking if our food was ok and if we had enough drinks, and even sang happy birthday to me while bringing out my cake! The food was really lovely, lots of variety at good prices and the decor was great, bright and lively and authentically Mexican. They even supplied sombreros for our party! I will definitely be back!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had birthday/work party here with a total of 16 people. We did the pre-order and the restaurant called me to confirm orders and just as well as I made mistake on some. So I was very glad that they rang and went over it all. Really friendly staff and they defo made arranging a big party easy. Also food was really nice too. Would recommend to everyone!! A must visit!!!