“What a pleasant surprise!”

Lili's Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 168 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I really wasn't sure what to expect with Lili's but trusted the reviews on tripadvisor and am really glad I did. We really enjoyed the Chinese Tapas-style menu and thought it was excellent value for £11 per adult. We were a party of four adults and a toddler and enjoyed choosing multiple starters and main courses off the menu and then trying a bit of everything. It made for good dinner conversation and was a refreshingly different approach to what can often be the 'same old same old' of Chinese restaurants.

I think the real surprise for me was the quality of the food - we had 6 starters and 6 mains between us and every single dish was delicious - tender meat and tasty sauces. The restaurant is not particularly stylish inside but it more than makes up for this in terms of customer service, value for money and quality of food. The Chinese tapas-style menu is also a really good idea and something a bit different. If you fancy a change, don't want to spend a packet and are not looking for a boutique-style interior then I would definitely suggest you give this place a try.

3  Thank RubyShoes5

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is a really good Chinese for gluten free and the staff are lovely a young lady called kerri is so pleasant to speak to and no extra charge for gluten free

4  Thank Shelly900
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Recently I visited LiLis with a group of my friends, from the moment we arrived we were treated very well. We weren't seated in the man restaurant but at the back bit and this was fine. As we were new customers the young waiter Daniel explained the menu in depth to us. So we decided to go with his choice of topan chicken along with 5 more starters. When the food arrived (not a long wait may i add) it was delicious. The topan chicken was delicious we even ordered more starters! We moved onto our mains and we got 6 between us, they were also very tasty and would recommend the chicken curry. The staff are all very nice and friendly,we had daniel most of the night and he made us laugh the whole time. This wee place Is a gem and its excellent the way you can bring your own alcohol for a small corkage price. Will e back very soon!

1  Thank Foodmistro
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have eaten here numerous times with family and friends on special occasions. The experience was exceptional staff where very helpfull and the food is out of this world. I found the all you can eat menu the best I have experienced as in other restaurants its a buffet type menu which enables the food to go cold, but at Lili's as you order its made fresh for which I very much enjoyed each time I went. I have recommended this restaurant to a friend on facebook who went with her husband and kids who also very much enjoyed the experience. I will definately be back soon!

1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Visited Llli's for the first time recently. Menu explained by knowledgeable, friendly waitress (Sarah aka Kerry) who recommended the topan chicken. Delicious. The restaurant cater to taste so extra chilli was added to our hot and sour soup, that was excellent. Will most definitely return

1  Thank Gerri322