“Always a surprise when I go there”
Review of Castle Park

Castle Park
Ranked #13 of 39 things to do in Bangor
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I dont go here much and when I do I wonder why. Its just outside of town (and not far from my front door) and its lovely, nice and peaceful and always magpies and squirells about the place. If oyu just take once of the short paths I'm amazed at how differnt types of scrub/trees there are. Its surprising how quiet it is considering its surrounded by busy roads but I supose the trees and the gradient from the mian road buffers it out.

As well as the park you have the Walled garden and the Museum to drop into if you so wish - I've not been to either but I've heard good things. So if you feel like getting away from it but dont fancy going far out of town this is the place.

2  Thank CardinalBaz
"photographs"
"coffee"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Beautiful park with excellent walks, nature trail and a great variety of flora and fauna. Bangor Castle Town Hall is situated in the Park also Heritage Centre which boasts a little museum and
excellent restaurant and gift shop.

1  Thank Patricia N
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Lovely park to have a dander about, what can I say, it's a park. O apparently I'm meant to say more but there isn't much more to say, sorry:(

Reviewed March 18, 2013

A lovely place for a walk without having to drive into the countryside. The Walled Garden is well worth a visit and there is the Heritage Centre and cafe to head to for refreshment.