Marine Court Hotel
$100
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Parklands(Carrickfergus)
All reviewsswimming poolcarvery lunchnelsons barhen partyan updatehigh teaabbey suitebit datedgood sizeoverlooking the marinatwo course mealsaturday nightreception staffleisure facilitieswould stay againrestaurant staffcant wait
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Booked the Mother's Day Carvery for quite a large party. Just wanted to say that the staff were really attentive and polite without being intrusive. The service was really slick and I can honestly say it was one of the nicest meals I have ever had. The food was absolutely gorgeous and all the mummies got a glass of champagne and a wee box of chocolates. A very talented lady played the harp in the background which was a nice touch. Would definitely recommend The Marine Court. Ten out of Ten!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I have attended many functions in this hotel the last on on fri 28 march and once again loads of staff good food for a large crowd, the food came out very quickly it was hot and very tasty. Sometimes when your trying to deal with 200 people things can slow down a bit but not that I have ever seen. I may be a bit bias as I am a member of their leisure complex as well but I have never had a bad meal there yet, I have never stayed there as I live in the town. They do a great deal on a thur ngt two steaks and a bottle of wine for £30.00. But all in all no complaints. Well except their leisure center tariffs are too dear.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Nothing negative to say lovely hotel, great staff, great location. We were there for the Mod weekender over 600 people attended but staff could not have been any more attentive.rooms are very nice and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2014

When we rang to see if it was possible to change our booking, the receptionist (Laura) couldn’t have been more helpful. It was Laura whom we met on arrival, again making us most welcome. The waiters, pool attendants, etc were equally courteous & welcoming without being over the top. The food was well presented, delicious & really excellent value for money.
Hope to be back before the summer ends!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Willril
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My partner booked this treat, as a friend was getting married near by, it made everything handy.
We arrived to the hotel, the front was shabby & not at all inviting, went thought to the lobby which appeared cold n empty, the staff weren't unpleasant but not very welcoming either. We went into the sports bar, the counter was swimming in drink, my feet was sticking to the floor, the ladies toilets i seen better in the ship yard.
The room was basic but comfortable, nice white towels with a view of nothing. Great service in getting us a taxi, very quick.
On our return the night porter didn't sell Bangor to well when we asked was there any nite life, being 16th March going into st Patricks day we assumed there would be something.
Had a great night sleep i have to say, massive bed very comfortable.
Went down for breakfast, the restaurant had a few in, but also a lot of tables needing cleared, my partner ask for a table for 2, we were asked to wait, then my partner asked the same girl would it be possible to get seated by the window, she snapped at us to wait in a lounge around the corner. More wild open space with a cold & empty feeling. This girl was young, not from here with long dark hair, dressed nicely as a waiter should, but she hadn't got a warm inviting mannerism about her, my partner remarked that she went about there like we quest were in her way. A very nice young man come to let us know our table was ready, we followed him, and was seated, very nice guy. He got us tea & coffee and later took our order. Whilst i was up getting toast, the lady waitress was at the juice area, a young child had also came to the juice area, the waitress turn and bumped into the child, said "oh sorry" but then tutted as she walked away, oops yet again someone was in her way.
We went to the pool, fantastic... so clean, friendly staff, great steam room and jacuzzi was amazing, loved it. we got back to the room were we put the "do not disturb" sign on the door handle, only for a maid to walk in on us in a intimate moment, how embarrassing. hence the reason i say "never Again"
joanne stayed 16th March