“cracker wee spot”
Review of Marine Court Hotel

Marine Court Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed March 4, 2014

we have stayed in this hotel on several occasions over the years always go back for a nice relaxing time down in the leisure pool/sauna food in restaurant is lovely nice friendly staff always pleasant and well mannered we look forward to our next visit there

Room Tip: family rooms are massive
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a great location over looking the marina the staff were very welcoming friendly and very helpful. We stayed 2 nights Thursday and Friday in 2 triple adjoining rooms. I could not find fault with the rooms or bathrooms all was clean and tidy and the king sized bed was fabulous. Breakfast in the restaurant area, overlooking the Marina, was very good with a fair choice for any dietary requirement. Morning of the wedding was introduced to Graham who oversaw every thing for us and was absolutely fantastic in keeping us all on the right track, he even had time for the kids that where running around. The ceremony was held in the Hamilton Suite which was more than adequate and then to the reception in the lovely Banqueting room. The food was again excellent fresh home made Veg soup, Turkey and Gammon with veg and pots and Pavlova to for dessert any in good portions all served in a timely fashion and was piping hot, excellent. During our stay members of our party had other meals in the hotel and they found it to be very good from the steaks to the fish goujons and of course Nelson Bar was also well used in to the early hours of Saturday. I could find no fault with any aspect of our stay at the hotel as every member of staff I came in contact with was more than willing to help and do that little bit extra without be asked to do so. We did not get to use the spa area hopefully next time we won't be as busy

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed here from 27th February until 1st March 2014, first night with my bridesmaids, 2 toddlers and my parents, 2nd & 3rd night with my new husband. I cannot recommend the Hotel highly enough! The staff were helpful, friendly and always there with a smile. The food was excellent, on my first night I had to take my youngest boy back to the room shortly after ordering dinner, and the staff were good enough to bring it to me in my room at no extra cost as I had to leave before it arrived.
The staff running our wedding day were amazing, and went above & beyond our expectations.
All the food served was fresh and piping hot, and everyone's needs were fully accommodated.
Everyone who stayed commented on how fantastic their stay was. Residents bar open to 3am, with the most lovely staff.
The suite we stayed in on the 2nd & 3rd night was fabulous, although not the honeymoon suite, not that it was noticed by either of us.
We had room service twice and also breakfast to our room, and every time, everything was fresh, hot and very well presented.
We will definitely return next year for our anniversary.
The only negative (although it did not affect any of us, but this is why I have given it an average rating for sleep) about the hotel is that they are directly beside a nightclub, so if you are planning on an early sleep or are a light sleeper, take some earplugs, although that was never an issue for any of us, we managed to sleep through it!
The hotel is old, but given its age it is kept very clean and everything works, the hotel was getting steam cleaned the evening before our wedding and smelt wonderful. If you like sleek and shiny new though, this is not the place for you.
Thank you Arlene, Jason, Graham and the rest of the staff, you really made the stay and the wedding day exceptional!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room. Front facing suites have superior views to the rear facing suites.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Strange reception area displaying Bride & Groom wear. Welcome was fine and check in quick. Corridors like an old 70's cinema. Executive Room was average. Best feature was the very comfy king size bed. Bathroom was a disgrace and in dire need of refurb. Nice to have a balcony but the railings were crammed with cigarette buts - nice housekeeping.
Bar is fine if you're a 20 year old with gel fringe and a pencil moustache. Breakfast was laughable with below average food and disinterested staff.
Serves well for the market it caters for but I'll give it a wide berth thanks.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BobBelfast
Reviewed February 15, 2014

As we have stayed here on a number of occations and had a great stay each time so we decided to have our wedding here and what a great choice. Fantastic day thanks to all the friendly staff who made our special day, especially Jason and Gram who helped organise it all,took the stress away, gave us great ideas and for helping us relax. The food and service was also fantastic and all our guests have also commented on the great wedding the Marine Court supplied. We would highly recommend this hotel for weddings or just a break away. Looking forward to our return

Thankyou
David & Denese McCullough

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Hi my significant other and myself mother and father in law stayed at the marine court hotel a couple of weeks ago,must say we were very well treated by staff throughout the hotel.We stayed overnight on a groupon deal had a nice bottle of wine then headed to the sports bar where we had a ball,great atmosphere and friendly faces made it a very enjoyable night. will definitley be back again.
joe hughes newtownabbey

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The first thing that stood out to me about this place was how helpfull the staff were - At check in I asked for a room with a view of the Marina and he moved me with no hassle.

Other positives:

-Pool and Gym good for a hotel. Usually the photos are took from low angles to make it look better than it is. This gym and pool are good.
-Staff - As maneioned. Even the little bar lad in the sports bar got us food menus for the restaurant upstairs so we could seemlessly move from the bar to ordering food.
-Bar and proces - Goog pool tables and some nice import lager was only £2.40 a pint.
-Food at restaurant. Try the Cheese balls. Do it.

Negatives
-Zip locked matresses are not good for me, pretty much have to stay on one side of the bed.
-No aircon so had to open window as room was hot which let in the noise from a busy front street.

Overal, would definately stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
Clandeboye Lodge Hotel
Culloden Estate & Spa
Culloden Estate & Spa
#1 of 2 in Holywood
Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club

Been to Marine Court Hotel? Share your experiences!