“Value for money and excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ava Winebar

The Ava Winebar
Ranked #8 of 157 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: European, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Ava Winebar has undergone a complete refurbishment and has been transformed into a classy, elegant and on trend wine bar. We are ideally situated on the corner of Main Street opposite Bangor bus station and the post office. We are open seven days a week for lunch, tapas, dinner and drinks. The future of The Ava is an exciting one, especially with a complete reboot of the drinks menu, now knows as 'The Drink Bible' with its quirky illustrations and finishing touches. The food menu has also been revamped and expanded upon, proving that even the pickiest of eaters can find something they will enjoy. For those who are looking something a little lighter a new bar menu has been introduced which features tapas and selected wines by the glass. The newly renovated spot is also expecting a new beer garden and a re-branding of the cellar bar.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Value for money and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Where else could you get an excellent two course meal for under £10? I thought the restaurant had a great atmosphere, the food was beautifully cooked and well- presented and the waiting staff were helpful and friendly. This is a gem of a restaurant. It is so convenient to the shopping area and the train station and I will certainly visit it the next time I am in Bangor.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Wendy M

“Another great lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Love this place for a bite to eat, I had a sandwhich board with a bowl of skinny fries and it was soo tasty. Service is always excellent and quick, thank you.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great food, great value and friendly efficient staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have eaten here twice in the last couple of months, once with my sister who is a vegetarian and once with my husband and have had a great experience on both occasions. The set lunch menu is great value, two courses for £10 and there were plenty of choices for my veggie sister. Both my sister and I were pregnant at the time and the staff couldn't do enough for us from making sure we had comfortable seats to ensuring us what was (or waasn't) suitable for pregnant ladies in the menu. We were so impressed with the place that I took my husband back a few weeks later and again we were very pleased with everything. Will most definitely be back soon with baby on tow!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ann Marie B
“Great food and value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Yesterday we were eating in this restaurant. We had an early bird menu and we chose vegetables broth with delicious, I think pearl barley as a starter and as a main battered fish, me with fries, my girlfriend with champ and both were so delicious. Great food, great service, we can highly recommend this place!!

3 Thank Michal P
“Review the cleaning!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Had dinner here recently. Food ok although, the chilli and garlic prawns could have done with some chilli, none to be found!!. Service is very quick and attentive.

I do however, have to mention the ladies toilets. The Vent Axia units couldn't possibly be working as a vent, as they are totally blocked with thick dust, as are the tops of the partitions between the cubicles and as I had visited between the starter and main I found it a bit off putting.

Visited June 2014