“Excellent Birthday Night Out”

The Ava Winebar & Bistro
Ranked #13 of 172 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are ideally situated on the corner of Main Street opposite Bangor's Bus & Rail Station and the local Post Office. Open seven days a week for lunch, tapas, dinner and drinks.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Visited Ava with 4 other friends for a girls night out, we went to the Tapas. Food really lovely, good variety, we picked 3 dishes each which to be honest was way more than we needed.
Staff were very helpful and knowledgable on both the food and the wine.

Overall very relaxing with good food and wine.

1  Thank Alison19573

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had table booked for evening meal as there was five of us, staff very pleasant and welcoming, restaurant fairly empty but we were shown to a table near the toilets (pet hate of mine!) Restaurant itself very tastfully decorated and as I said staff brilliant, pity same can't be said for the food. I ordered Ceaser Salad as starter - the chicken in it was 'processed stuff' that looked like it had come from the bargain aisle of a supermarket. Cannot fault portion size for main meal though and again it was just OK. Will not be rushing back.

Paul H, General Manager at The Ava Winebar & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable meal and we welcome the feedback on your dish,
I can assure you all of our meals are cooked from fresh, using only fresh ingredients. The chicken
required for dishes like the Caesar salad are cooked from fresh in the morning, blast chilled and refrigerated. The chefs though shall certainly look at how the dish is presented and make any amendments as required. The menu is due to change very shortly & we hope you will consider dining with us again to try lots of tempting new dishes. Please let us know as well any time you
book if there is a table in an area you prefer and will shall do our up-most to accommodate.
Regards The Ava

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I love the Ava my partner and I go here on occasions our favourite is the Caesar Salad :-) good value for money,good sized portions,friendly staff and you don't have long to wait on your food being served,my only fault would be is that its a bit "same old" it's always the same food on the lunchtime menu I think it should be changed from time to time give customers more variety but overall I highly recommend this place for that special occasion :-)

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Dine here a lot, never fails to impress. Great menu, something on it for everyone. Booking is essential as we have called in a few times on passing only to find it was to busy to accomodate.

2  Thank pauldkirk
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just visited the Ava Restaurant 2 days ago with my family and what an incredible meal we had. I can certainly recommend the Ceasar starter and the Fish Pie...........it was just to die for! The service was also magnificent and the waitress was extremely helpful in explaining all the various dishes and at £9.25 for two courses it was amazing value. The decor of the restaurant is also absolutely beautiful and it radiated a lovely ambience. All the family really loved the Ava and we can't wait to return. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough!!

1  Thank MERVYNMCC