“Great Lunch Menu”

The Ava Winebar & Bistro
Ranked #12 of 175 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are ideally situated on the corner of Main Street opposite Bangor's Bus & Rail Station and the local Post Office. Open seven days a week for lunch, tapas, dinner and drinks.
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Great lunchtime meals, good menu and great value. Comfortable surroundings too. Food served quickly and always well presented.

1  Thank FlyingGrandad

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Out with friends and enjoyed excellent service and food off the tapas menu... good choice of wine - I would eat here quite often and have yet to be disappointed, definitely could recommend. They offer a great lunch time menu as well.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

A lunchtime Saturday meal, with wine was just brilliant! Very nice seating, comfy, attentive staff and very good food. Price was good too.

I liked you could peruse the wine racks and choose your wine that way - a grea idea! Would definitely come back here when enxt in Bangor!

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Have been here three times recently - absolutely lovely food, service and vfm. Any one very hungry try their fully loaded burger - I finished it . Recommended unreservedly !

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I went, as a part of a large group, for an evening meal a couple of weeks ago. The food was hot, tasty and good value for money. The service was efficient and friendly and the menu selections suited everybody there - we had two courses for under £10. I had goats cheese fritters and the only fault I could find was that they weren't served with a garnish - a little salad would've just completed the starter. My main course was fish pie which was a generous portion. I certainly felt as though I had plenty and had great value for money.

I went again yesterday and we had another lovely meal, although a few of us found the main courses to be a little too salty (personal preferences, I think). Again the food was generous, hot and tasty and the staff efficient and friendly.

We'll certainly go back another day!