“Always yummy and enjoyable”
Review of Bokhara

Bokhara
Ranked #24 of 169 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My daughter and I ate at the Bokhara earlier on this week again. I have to say that we had another fantastic meal. It was really beautiful. My 9yr old daughter just loves it there and the staff make such a fuss of her every time that she is in. Cannot fault it. Staff are super and so friendly.

1  Thank Carmel M

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Pretty consistent Indian, albeit not really that authentic in its food offering as a lot of the dishes look and taste the same, but the food is tasty, nonetheless. Daft ritual when you arrive where they make you sit in their waiting room/reception area before bringing you to a vacant table for no apparent reason whatsoever. Food is far from cheap and rice and the like are extras and charged for. It's good and we will continue to eat there, it just ain't cheap.

1  Thank postcode70
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Returned to the Bokhara again recently and had another excellent meal! Definitely the only decent Indian restaurant in Bangor. The food was great, service as good as always and a nice, relaxed atmosphere. They still have the £10 bottle of wine deals on which are good value and decent wine. The Naan bread is always amazing too! I would have to agree with those who have commented about the length of time for takeaway deliveries! In the restaurant itself the food always comes quickly but I have had a few takeaway deliveries lately where I have had to wait for at least an hour or longer. This could definitely be improved on. I usually now make sure that I order a takeaway about an hour before I plan to eat it so that it's there for when I need it!

1  Thank Belfastguy
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We eat here for our anniversary meal and i was very impressed by the food. The prices were good and not usually a big indian food eater but this was perfect really settled on my stomach well. Peshwari nan was amazing and lamb balti great.

Only negative was service. The waiter served me a disgusting pinapple/lemonade mix it tasted off. He replaced it reluctantly but was exactly the same. His complaint was that he had to open a new one to get me that drink rather than apologies for poor quality.

Would still go back for the food though.

1  Thank kingsley p
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We live in Bangor and would use different food out lets, but the Bokara never fails to come up trumps. If you sit in or if you use their carry out you will no be disappointed, just try their coconut nan bread it has to be the best in Bangor. We have been at birthday parties there and group outings its super.

2  Thank malcolm1959