“Bangor's only boutique hotel.”

The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel definitely has style. Rooms are spacious with beautiful views of Bangor Marina, although they might feel slightly dated. Service is excellent, with everyone doing their best to make you feel welcome and comfortable.
The hotel's bistro (where breakfast is served) is lovely. Meals and bar snacks/bites are consistently sumptous.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I recently stayed at the Salty Dog (Bank Holiday Weekend, Sunday 25th May 2014) for one night, bed, breakfast and evening meal with my partner.
We have stayed at the hotel on a number of occasions and as expected on our arrival was not disappointed with the warm and friendly greeting received.

After checking-in we were shown to our room, which was spacious with a beautiful sea view. The room was clean with bath towels arranged on the bed in the shape of swans, bathrobes included, water and coffee/tea making facilities.

The room appeared to have some damp patches on the outside wall beside the TV socket, there was the odd spider’s web in the bathroom and the bath panel was worn, however besides these observations my stay at the Salty Dog was not disappointing and beside these comments my stay was positive.

The food as usual was excellent, the service from the staff exceptional (a special mention for Colin, who’s service was outstanding) and the stay was value for money. I would recommend the Salty Dog for its friendly atmosphere, polite and courteous staff and appetising menu and delicious food.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Attended here without booking on a Saturday early evening, no tables in restaurant but had a nice table in bar overlooking the sea, I had the fish pie partner had fish and chips, both had two alcoholic drinks each, food was lovely and staff friendly and price very reasonable, would return if in area again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

We took a short break here and enjoy our stay. Our room had been recently refurbished and it was good style and finish. Food was excellent and staff very friendly and attentive. What really got our eye was the attention to detail and presentation of the food . Hats off to the staff and Chef.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have been in this establishment many times and I have enjoyed the food, staff and the ambience of the Bistro.
Always had well presented food served in a professional manner.
The location down by the sea offers an added touch on a warm sunny evening with a drink in hand.Rooms are comfortable and very clean and well serviced.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in the Salty Dog a few times now and it never fails to impress me. The food is absolutely beautiful, the rooms are lovely and the staff are so kind and helpful! I would really recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The Salty Dog is one of only a few dog friendly establishments in the whole of the country, which is quite refreshing in a country where dogs are banned from almost everywhere. So already it gets bonus points from me. I have brought my dog several times and she gets a bowl of water as soon as she comes in the door as well as some fantastic healthy fish skin dog treats (provided by Armstrong's Twisted Fish), which are hand made locally in Bangor.

The Salty Dog appears to have a real emphasis on local produce regarding their menu too which I love, as I prefer to eat local and like to know where my food comes from. They serve loads of local craft ales too, and its where I first discovered the Hilden Beers which are great! I also have to compliment the cocktails!

In my 2 years of visiting The Salty Dog, Ive always had a great feed, I particularly enjoy their burger, and I appreciate that the food is always well presented. The staff are very friendly also and very accommodating. Its a great place to sit outside on a sunny day and I look forward to a decent summer so I can do so now and then with a Hilden brew in hand!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carole K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
Marine Court Hotel
#1 of 2 in Holywood
Rayanne House
Rayanne House
#2 of 2 in Holywood

Been to The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro? Share your experiences!