My daughters and I stayed for one night, we booked a room for one and a twin room without sea views. The rooms were stylishly furnished and comfortable, Bathroom ensuite spacious and clean, with a good choice of toiletries. Hair driers and tea and coffee making facilities in the room. The rooms were spacious and though without views, this made no difference to us as we did not spend much time in them, but wished we had had an extra day to enjoy it properly.
We arrived early to attend a wedding and they made sure one of the rooms was ready for us to prepare in at no extra cost. The reception staff were friendly, and called us a taxi to reach the church in time.
On arrival late after the reception, the staff were friendly and helpful, providing us with fresh chilled bottles of water for our room.
Breakfast was delicious, we all ate a variety of things, again the service was with a smile and very helpful.
It was in a fairly quiet situation, and facing the lifeboat harbour and the sea. And we would be happy to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An old Victorian townhouse that’s been beautifully transformed into a stunning boutique hotel overlooking Bangor’s Marina and the Irish Sea. A perfect retreat from everyday hustle and bustle. Friendly staff, gorgeous rooms and great food will make your stay a memorable one. Committed to fine local produce, our highly skilled, award winning chefs, offer a real alternative to Belfast’s restaurants. Whether you’re visiting North Down’s attractions or want a memorable Bangor night out – The Salty Dog offers accessible, nostalgic food in a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Salty Dog Hotel And Bistro
- The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro Bangor, Northern Ireland