My boyfriend and I visited on Sunday evening for dinner, poor selection on the menu. The starters arrived half an hour after we placed our orders (tomato soup and cod fish cake), the main courses again took a long time (30-40 mins) to arrive. I ordered the cod with haddock and my boyfriend ordered the beef, on ordering the waitress indicated there may be no fish left and I said I would have the beef if there was no fish when she checked. The waitress never came back to tell me if i would be having the fish, when it arrived it was the fish with only half a fillet of cod and no smoked haddock, my boyfriends meal was average. Unfortunately the service was poor we ordered a coke when the starter plates were being cleared and it did not arrive until we had finished our main courses and no water was offered to us during our meal - disappointing service and poor food, this restaurant used to be fab fingers crossed it will bounce back !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An old Victorian townhouse that’s been beautifully transformed into a stunning boutique hotel overlooking Bangor’s Marina and the Irish Sea. A perfect retreat from everyday hustle and bustle. Friendly staff, gorgeous rooms and great food will make your stay a memorable one. Committed to fine local produce, our highly skilled, award winning chefs, offer a real alternative to Belfast’s restaurants. Whether you’re visiting North Down’s attractions or want a memorable Bangor night out – The Salty Dog offers accessible, nostalgic food in a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Salty Dog Hotel And Bistro
- The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro Bangor, Northern Ireland