“Good overnight stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Ellon B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good overnight stay”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had an overnight in The New Inn and felt that it was good value for money the rooms are modern and clean with a good shower. The hotel is situated in the centre of town and it will take you about ten minutes too see the whole place, I was working in Peterhead so it was a 15 minute commute but it is worth it much better that staying in Peterhead They had some refurbishment work going on to the dinning room so this should improve the experience for the future, good to see that they are not standing still but trying to improve things. Breakfast was cooked to order in the morning and was good enough, as I said they were doing some re-furb work so things were probably not running as smooth as would normally have been. A couple of eating places are close but.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank FrancisUddingston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I hadn't been to the Cornkist at the New Inn for an evening meal for some time and was really impressed. Great buzz about the place, service excellent and the choice and quality of food is the best I've had in Ellon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 987DougW
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We often eat here, but we had our Christmas night out here and we decided to stay over. The room was lovely and modern very clean and comfortable. And best of all lovely and warm. We had a super meal we will definatly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank sue2571
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I’ve visited the Cornkist at the New Inn a few times now and every time I’m completely underwhelmed & feeling that I didn’t get my money’s worth.
On this occasion, we waited half an hour for the starters, an hour for the main course and when the desserts eventually arrived, it felt like we had been there for a very long time and the kids with us were getting really cranky and bored.
I found my Trio of Prawn salad tasteless, greasy and soggy. The minimal amount of lettuce on the plate was drenched in water and seemed more like a garnish. The prawn cocktail had no flavour and the prawns on the skewer disintegrated as I tried to move them from the wooden stick. There was no need to have both potato salad AND roasted aka fried potatoes in the same dish. The banoffee pie was also disappointing with a very high ratio of biscuit crust to anything else.

It was very busy when we had out meal here but I recall on previous occasions when I had visited the service was just as slow when the place was practically empty. I was surprised to see so many good reviews here but I guess I’m just used to the standard of quality of restaurants in Aberdeen.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I had a site trip and stayed here which is about half way between Aberdeen and Peterhead. You can either get a double bed or two single beds. Really nice hotel which is very clean and massive breakfast. I also had a large dinner plate on that night which pay at reasonable price. A piece of suggestion, if you are not a big eater, dont ask for starter and main course together.I ordered fried clam with chips and the plate is very large. Not sure how ordinary people can finish this.Even the starter plate is quite big and I could not finish my main course at the end.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Peterhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

had a great meal here and the portions were really quite large, the restaurant has just been redecorated and it looks updated and good. the monkfish that I had was cooked just right and my friend had the pork chops and they were amazing.
would definately go back there for another meal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Rutherglen
Reviewed October 1, 2012

stayed one night. 80 pounds a night b&b. delightful upgraded bedrooms with particularly nice bathrooms. spotless and well appointed. food was okay and the wi-fi was free and worked. had a few drinks in the bar and the service was attentive, as were the dining staff. would recommend it for travellers in the town. normally i am scunnered by the pacity of decent hotels in rural areas, but this was an exception.

• Stayed September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellon
Buchan Hotel
Buchan Hotel
#2 of 3 in Ellon
Kilmarnock Arms Hotel
Kilmarnock Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cruden Bay (Port Erroll)
Premier Inn Aberdeen North (Bridge Of Don) Hotel
Strathburn Hotel
Strathburn Hotel
#3 of 5 in Inverurie
Saplinbrae Hotel & Lodges
Newburgh Inn
Newburgh Inn
#1 of 3 in Newburgh

Been to New Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!