“Basil Faulty has more manners!”
Review of Station Hotel

Station Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ellon
Station Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ellon
Reviewed March 3, 2008

I have stayed here on several occasions, however this will be my last visit.
I booked one of the newer rooms, however on arrival I was given a very poor standard room. It was very cramped , poor view and no proper seating.
I immediately asked for a change of room and was given a very abruct reply from the owner.
I unfortunately had no option but to take the room as no other accomodation available.
It was one of the most unpleasent nights I have spent away from home.
Through the night there was no heating, it appears it is on a time switch and swiches off .

Please also note that the room did not display details of fire emergency exits , I find this very concerning and have reported this to the local fire prevention officer.

The owner was extremely rude to me when I tried to address my complaints, she made no effort to resolve any situation.

I have since written a letter and have had no reply.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank staffordblair

Reviewed October 9, 2007

I was visiting Aberdeen on a business trip and have found the hotels there overpriced and poor value for money. Ellon is 15 miles away and it is a pleasant small town.There are riverside walks with good Indian and Italian restaurant in the town centre.

The Station Hotel is about 5 mins walk from the centre tucked up a side road.

There is a very large car park.

The welcome is friendly and the staff were very helpful.

The rooms were in a quiet part of the hotel and good sized, very clean and well appointed with generous sized beds. There was a large walk in shower in my room.

I took dinner one night in the restaurant and it was excellent. There is a good selection and everything was well cooked. The breakfast too was good.

The bar is for the locals but you never feel out of place. There is a lounge bar which is usually very quiet if you want to read.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Littlewood
Reviewed July 19, 2006

I stayed here for 3 nights in early June and found them most helpful when I needed to change to a single room at short notice as my mother was too ill to accompany me.

The room was well furnished and in a quiet part of the hotel. The only snag was that there is no lift and I had a heavy case but no-one offered to help me take it up to the room.

I ate in the hotel dining room one night (on the other nights I was visiting family members) and the meal was very nice and service in the restaurant was excellent.

I did have difficulty getting parked in the car park on one evening as there was a function on in the hotel that night but otherwise the car parking would normally be adequate.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled solo
4  Thank lAKE-ENTHUSIAST
Reviewed February 27, 2006

I have stayed at this 2 star hotel several times while on business. It is a five minute walk from the center of the town.
The rooms have all been refurbished and the bathrooms are smart with a good walk in shower.
The restaurant has a good selection of food which was cooked well - and the chef is happy to come out and chat to his customers. On the nights that I have stayed it has been fairly quiet.
The public bar is frequented by locals.
Breakfasts are served in a downstairs room which is a litle dated - remember to ring for service.
I found all the staff friendly and helpful.
Overall I thought that it was good value for money.

7  Thank ScottishTravellWoman