“OVER priced and noisy night club close bye”
Review of Buchan Hotel

Buchan Hotel
Buchan Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ellon
Reviewed April 18, 2011

WE went up for freinds golden wedding hotel nice meals loveley .THE noise at night was terrible we were in room at the back and still herd the noise.THEN the seagulls on the roof u would think the y had pit boots on. LOVLEY little place .WENT into aberdeen 1 day was very disapointed very dirty on union street with dogs mess .BIG changes since was up here last time when was wee girl was our holiday place every year .WOULD def say hotel well over priced for b.b. which was £80 per night we stayed 2 nights and it was same price lot places do b.b.em. for first night then pay for meal at night 2nd night.MEALS were of good chouice .STAFF very frendly and good service .

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nell51

Reviewed November 23, 2010

Stayed for a short break and had great time,the restaurant was very good and staff very friendly.Would return in a minute!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2010

We stayed here because the only other place we called could only offer us a smoking room. Fortunately this hotel puts the smoking ban into practice so you don't have to breath in stale smells from smoking losers. A plus was that there was kipper for breakfast, which was delicious. Very quiet room at the top of the hotel with a good view of the old bridge. Thoughtful and friendly service.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I was advisied to stay here by a family member. Big mistake. I emailed in vain and had no response so phoned and booked. This should have warned me. Upon arrival in the room we realised that the noise from below was of a crowd- probably in a bar watching football on T.V. [ later discovered it was very near the pool/snooker room]. Sound proofing was non existant or very poor which was a shame as the room had been refurbished. Arriving back at 9 pm the noise was worse and continued until 3pm from below when it changed to along the corridor and then above.
Arriving down for breakfast we were virtually ignored because the Golfing Party were checking out and the staff were busy. The lone waitress pointed us to the buffet and said that someone would be through to take the order soon. He didn't appear so she got us tea/coffee and toast. He finally appeared and took another table's order- upon attracting his attention he spoke to the waitress and she came over. He then went through to clean up and hoover the other part of the dining room and preparations were made - dragging furniture through for the lunch time buffet I think.
We then went up to rest until departure time and the house keeper knocked the door and woke my friend. I did mention when checking out that the room was noisy and Neil - him of the hoover- said that Room 11 was not above the bar. He also said that the golfers had asked to have the use of the pool/snooker table until late.
This should have been mentioned to us upon arrival.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank FiGi_10
Reviewed April 11, 2010

ive stayed here a few times through my work and have no complaints about it whatever, the rooms are neat and tidy , the staff are always nice, and the meals are great.
a very good hotel as far as im concerned

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2010

even the locals warn smokers not to stand near the door ,,,it was freezing and snowing what is happening to human rights I dont smoke but this is rediculous.. you pay for your hotel room, that is your home for your stay you are only breaking his Firman's law..hope he fails in business with an attitude like his.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank thebearFife
Reviewed July 14, 2009

The hotel is owned by a Fireman ( i believe) as here is a fixation on "NO SMOKING - £80 FINE AND REPORT TO AUTHORITY" Signs throughout the Hotel and guests rooms.
As a non smoker this " obsession/fixation" did not bother me, even when I overheard that a Local Fireman owns the hotel.
What did bother me is, I was laying in bed at 9am in the morning , when my door burst open, standing there wasa fireman, in his fireman uniform/ t shirt and clasping a hand full of tools ?
I jumped up , thinking there was a fire,
I then looked at his supid expression and thought this is not right !!!!

I the coposed myself and said" what are you doing , barging in" ??
he muttered I will come back later"
I immediatly went to the reception desk and said that i had followed hotel protiocal by leaving my keys each time i left the room
They simply said he is a friend of the Freman owner , who cleans the windows,
i immediatly setlled my bill and was discgusted, this guy could walk into a room and fins a naked guest or worse ? by the speed in which he braged in,. i strongly believe this is what he wanted to see,
If my wife or duaghter was in a room at this hotel and this happened I would sue the hotel.
Oh and there are seagulls nesting in the roof of the hotel to distract you from the noise pounding out of the hotles public bar at night ,

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank whosthatinmyRoom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellon
Saplinbrae Hotel & Lodges
0 mi away
Shallowplough
Shallowplough
#1 of 1 in Ellon

Been to Buchan Hotel? Share your experiences!