“Special anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Eat on the Green

Eat on the Green
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Ellon
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Special anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Truly exceptional food experience. Dinner for 4 for was superb. We tried the Eat on the Green starters and pudding - delicious tastes created with imagination. Steaks, duck and lamb also sampled! Highly recommended. Such a great place in a beautiful part of the county.

• Visited May 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Fresh, local, magnificent modern Scottish.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

In case you are not familiar with the area, this restaurant is in a small village in Scotland, relatively off the beaten track. So one needs to make a specific journey here to eat. And let me tell you this - its worth every metre you travel.

The restaurant itself is well appointed and dressed as a "white tablecloth" type restaurant - waiters wear smart clothes or even Kilts. Service is discreet and attentive without being intrusive.

But you don't want to know this? The food is nothing short of great, comparable to some Michelin-starred restaurants which I have eaten at, but at a much more affordable price. My starter was the Organic Fresh Fish which was a gravadlax or carpaccio of two different fish served with a salad on top - almost like an upside-down ceviche. This was followed by a roast sirloin steak with all the trimmings served as a Sunday roast. I cannot flaw the execution or presentation, or the truly sensitive cooking which respects the top notch ingredients being prepared. The dessert platter was also very good.

My meal was let down at the very end with my espresso, which I can only describe as a non-descript, dilute and tasteless coffee which bore no resemblance to what an espresso should look like. I did not have the heart to complain because the rest of the meal and the service was so good.

It is only because of this, that I had to mark this place down to 4 stars. Eat on the Green - if you are reading - PLEASE - sort out your coffee. I look forward to eating there again!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank d_maltesefalcon
Bewdley, United Kingdom
“Birthday treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We visited the 'Eat on the Green' for my sister in laws birthday, as it's her favourite restaurant. It was a sunday night visit and surprisingly it was quiet in the restaurant, the room we were seated in only had one other table occupied. The first waiter that attended to us was very pleasant, pre-dinner drinks were ordered at the table and a wine list left for our perusal.

We all ordered the taster starter, with my wife and sister in-law asking for gluten free option. Not a problem, the kitchen staff altered the six little options to suit the girls requirements. Nice touch.
A nice assemblage of breads was on offer to my brother in-law & myself. The girls were given a very pleasant gluten free option.
Starters all done, breads all consumed, pre dinner drinks also drank. But only the starter plates were removed from the table and our wine order was missing in action.

The main course duly arrived. A very tender fillet steak for myself (surf & sturf option). But still no appearance of the wine, so it was time to ask one of the many waiters to look into the problem. The head waiter soon returned with our red wine order with his apologise.

Dessert was again the taster option, first class.

Lovely evening out, in a beautiful location. Just need to give the waiters a little bit of a shake to get their act together. I don't like messy tables with empty plates left on them, or forgotten wine orders.

Will go again next time I visit Aberdeen.

Visited May 2013
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
“A taste of some of what Scotland has to offer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great food which demonstrates the quality of local ingredients skilfully prepared. The fixed price lunch menu is very good value and allows lots of tastes of various menu items. The waiting staff wear kilts and provide a warm welcome, coupled with knowledgeable service. Loved it

• Visited May 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Quality food and great service. Highly recommend! Would go every week if i could afford it!! Particularly like the eat on the green taster as the starter... gives a selection of different treats. Canapes are always excellent. and small sorbet to cleanse pallet between starter and main is a very nice touch.

Visited April 2013