“Heavenly holidays”
other travelers have booked this property
Bungalow 62 - View from Balcony Bungalow No 62- IT IS NOT A CHALET
Bungalow 62 -Double Bedroom
Bungalow 62 -Twin Bedroom
Bungalow 62 -Hall
Bungalow 62 - the views
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
AndrewS19...
Chester, England, United Kingdom
“Do not stay here, really. It is just awful and possibly dangerous”
Reviewed 1 week ago for a stay in July 2018
person found this review helpful

First fo all I want to apologise to my family for bringing you here.

The drive up to No 62 is much like one of those TV shows called "Dara and Ed on the World's Most Dangerous Roads". Thankfully I have a reasonable 4x4 and being ex military, a reasonable sense of direction but even so, finding No 62 is a challenge. However, maybe that is a blessing....

To be fair to No 62, the view is incredible but that is a good thing because the last thing you want to do is spend your time looking at the cabin. To say that it could do with a bit of a makeover is like saying that the North Pole could do with a heater.

The first thing you notice is the decking at the back which is borderline dangerous and this has not gone unnoticed by the owners as they have placed 2 steel sheets on top of it by the kitchen patio doors that lead out onto it. The decking is rotting and gives way under foot and the railings around it move alarmingly so we ended up not leaning on them to admire the view over the river Dovey. As I was photographing the decking one of planks cracked and started to give way which I have on video thankfully. As I was writing this my 10 year old son was sitting on one of the deckchairs provided and I heard him scream so I turned around and he had fallen through the bottom of it because the fabric had decayed and also rotted.

Anyway, we move inside. To be fair it looks as if has had a lick of paint recently but that is only to mask what is (apart from the kitchen) essentially an unpleasant interior. The carpets are dirty, coming away and left us all rather uncomfortable. The shower leaks in between the shower tray and the sink pedestal and it is a big leak, not a drip. But to find this out you have to turn the shower on and then things get nasty. The tap water in No 62 is brown. Not 'discoloured', it is brown. It looks as if someone is urinating out of the tap. No matter how long you run it, it does not run clear. I have called the council and left a message for them to come and look at it. I suspect the owners are aware though because they left a 5 litre bottle of water.

My children went nowhere near it.

Also what is quite novel in 2018 is the electricity coin meter which I have not seen the likes of for 40 years. This has been adapted to take modern £1 coins so we put 5 in and doubled the value of this property instantly.

The mattresses are incredibly uncomfortable unless you have a spring fetish.

If you have a child that can do the Rubiks Cube I would suggest that you bring them and ask them to work out how you turn the oven on as there were no instructions and the icons have worn off the buttons.

Almost finally when we booked the instructions ask if you need an additional bed to say so and for a fee they will add one. We asked, paid and did not receive so one child slept on the sofa and woke up with bites on her legs.

I would really, really avoid this accommodation. We left after one night and paid extra to stay in a caravan in Borth and it was lovely.

So on this weekend not only did I not get what I paid for, I was given something that was not fit for purpose and had to pay extra to get out of it. I also have spoken to a council, the Health & Safety people and that has spoiled everything.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Reviewed April 13, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Liz T
Usk, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed January 6, 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

. This was NOT a bungalow and a wooden clad building . The roads up have to be the most horrific I’ve ever encountered so dangerous and nearly burnt out clutch out on the car . We took an hour to find the property (many others searching also a map of the layout may be and idea) we couldn’t park by the property !! the decking is falling apart I fell over twice it’s literally rotting . The place was filthy the coat rack fell off the wall by us putting a hat on it ! The fronts fell of draws the oven is dangerous and filthy the whole place needs a deep clean .the red cushions so filthy made me sick .
Heating broken but me on site fixed it by 10pm . Apparently no gas !!!!!!they left muddy footprints all over the carpets to add to the filth already in there . My question how can this be 4 Star accommodation and how can you charge for it ! Needs a lot of repair before a serious accident happens especially doors not closing .i left it cleaner than I arrived but was not willing to spend my holiday giving it the cleaning it needed .Mouldy cold damaged awful place !
Nicer properties available but only at the bottom !
Just one of the craters in the photo

Management Response
Jan 7, 2018
This client apparently states it was cottage she booked, then it was chalet then a wooden clad building, it is in fact a Bungalow with wood cladding for it to be in keeping with the surrounding buildings which are wooden chalets - it clearly states on the Holiday Lettings listing that it is a 2 Bedroom Holiday Bungalow

At no time was the agent contacted with any problems or made aware of any unhappiness, the local maintenance person was contacted as the gas bottle ran out and was exchanged immediately (the gas running out could happen any time)
In the complaint sent after her stay she advises that her clutch was burnt out ? in this review it nearly was burnt out ? what is true?

If the property was as bad as she alleges surely she would have contacted the agent and if after inspection it was bad as she alleges then alternative accommodation would have been arranged.
We can confirm that the agent had no contact from the client whatsoever
The bungalow offers the best views on the holiday park and is at the highest point, full directions are given together with an emergency number. the road not roads (there is only 1) is always under repair especially in the winter period because of weathering however there are not any massive craters that she alleges,
We leave everybody to make their own mind up about this review ????
Reviewed September 21, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
internati...
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Bitter sweet stay”
Reviewed September 4, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

Location of bungallow beutiful, with striking view and very peaceful. Access however for experince off road drivers. Parking should be suggested 100 yards down the road in a safe parking area. Balcony looked nothimg like pictures. Dirty, slipy, bendy boards and overgrown with brambles. View striking though. No pillow cases and one and a half of toilet roll for 5 people booked in advance. Standart of cleaninig in a bathroom and kitchen leaves a lot to be desired. Smuged grease om the kitchen cabinetes and owen in a kitchen
Loose draw handle on cutlery drawer. Brown water which the neighbours informed us as unfit for human use. They also infomed us that the council been around pinning notices on each bumgallow informing of this. Our notice was conviniently missing. The customer service of indepent holidayd is very poor. Their comunication is is very obrupt and non caring

tinku t
“Very good”
Reviewed June 3, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

It suits perfectly for a family of 5 .facility includes 2 bedrooms 1 big kitchen with a dining table. A big guest room and a toilet with shower. The view from this house is amazing... the house got everything described in the site. We really enjoyed....

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing