“Quiet away from the crowds retreat.”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Estuary View

Idyllic sunny position with woods behind and wonderful panoramic views over the estuary
Check Availability
en-suite bathroom
enjoy the view!
light and bright!
wine and dine!
comfortable sofa - emergency bed!
this place has character!
the great outdoors
view from the living area
simple but nice!
I enjoy washing up and looking out of the window!
places to visit!
sights to see!
on the edge of the copse - love the birds that visit!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
German first
Any
Faith R
“Quiet away from the crowds retreat.”
Reviewed July 3, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Lovely peaceful location with stunning views over the estuary. A fantastic range of leaflets about local attractions and walks and comfortable accommodation. I couldn't have wished for more. Irene was most helpful about all aspects of our stay.

Jul 6, 2017
Thank you Faith, I am happy that you liked our chalet and found everything to your taste. I am about to leave for a few days myself, and always love being there. I hope you will come again!
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Jun 30, 2017
Thank you Louise - I am delighted that you enjoyed yourselves and liked our chalet. It was good to have you stay and I hope you will come again,
Best wishes
Irene
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Jun 9, 2017
Thank you, Julian, your review will be helpful to anyone who does not know the geography of Wales. It looks small on the map but travelling from one end to another, though an enjoyable journey, takes time. I am delighted that in spite of car trouble you were able to enjoy your stay and appreciate the beauties of our part of Wales . I look forward to welcoming you again.
Sheltiela...
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Our special place of peace, tranquility and relaxation.”
Reviewed June 5, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

My Mum and I and our dogs have recently returned for our 5th visit to Estuary View to celebrate my 50th birthday! The chalet is like a second home to us and we absolutely love it. We both thoroughly enjoy sitting out on the terrace and are totally captivated by the view of the estuary out towards Borth and the sea beyond. Everyone we encounter on the site is friendly and we were welcomed back by those who live on site who we have got to know a little. Impressed with the new shower, cooker and fridge, the shower was great! The chalet has everything we could ever need and is very well equipped. We bought bird food for the feeders and enjoyed watching the birds. We were absolutely stunned and delighted to witness for the first time ever a hummingbird hawk moth feeding on the valerian flowers whilst sat on the terrace one evening with a glass of wine! We made our customary visit to the honey ice cream factory at Tywyn, had a lovely walk on the beach at Aberdovey and Fairbourne, went to Machynlleth on Wednesday as it's market day and thoroughly enjoyed our walks with our dogs on site at Plas Panteidal. Irene is extremely helpful and my Mum and I highly recommend a stay in this hidden treasure. We will of course be back in the future and I hope to return later in the year with a friend. It meant so much to me to be in my little piece of heaven on my 50th birthday, thank you Irene! :)

Jun 6, 2017
Gay, I am always delighted to know you are coming back and that you will tell us what a fab time you have had. You are excellent guests and leave the chalet in pristine condition, to the delight of the cleaner. I look forward to welcoming you again.
jeffrey w
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful location with views over the estuary”
Reviewed May 21, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

The chalet had everything for a very comfortable and peaceful stay. A great location for the view and for all the lovely and interesting places to visit and explore in this beautiful part of Wales. The walks around here are wonderful, get out with the Kittiwake walk books and a map for some super days out. I would love to stay here again.

May 22, 2017
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write a review - I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that the chalet met all your hopes and expectations. I agree that the walks and views are really lovely in the area and i am looking forward to my own visit next week!
james m
“Perfect little gem”
Reviewed April 27, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

If you're reading this then you have stumbled upon a real gem!

A wonderful location, a beautiful chalet and a landlady that is a joy to deal with.

The chalet was very well equipped from sandwich bags to scrabble. It had wonderful information about what to do in the local area. We particularly loved all the board games that were stored here.... we love a good board game and we even left a puzzle or two for others to enjoy. The chalet is very homely and cosy. I am quite a cold person and although there is no central heating, the chalet was very well equipped with electric heaters and the place would warm up so quickly! The kitchen is small but this has everything you could possibly want in it. The living area is cosy with a big window to look out of and enjoy your thoughts.
The local towns were not very far away but you would need a car to get about.
The views are to die for, waking up to the birds singing and looking out of the window to see the beautiful countryside and estuary was amazing.
This was the perfect relaxing break we needed. We loved going on long walks with our dog and seeing where each footstep would take us next.

Upon our return I realised I left a few bits behind after we got back and emailed Irene in a panic, she reassured me that the bits were still there and they would be posted back, the relief!

Absolutely amazing little gem we found, We are so glad we came across this one evening and we can not wait to go back.

Irene it was a pleasure, thank you ever so much for having us.

James and Paris.

Apr 29, 2017
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write this lovely review. I am always chuffed when people enjoy their visits to the chalet as much as we do. I look forward to hearing from you again when you find you have time for a another break by the Dovey Estuary.
Reviewed April 19, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Apr 20, 2017
Great to know that you had such a lovely time and will be back to Estuary View soon! your review not only cheered me, it will be really helpful to holidaymakers thinking of booking a stay. Thanks for taking the trouble - I look forward to hearing from you when you are able to come again. Our cleaner gave you a good review too, so everyone is happy.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing