“After busy days.”

Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was ideal for a quiet meal with outstanding staff who could not have been more helpful. The choice of food was excellent and extremely tasty,with additional items each night,and prices were reasonable

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Busy in the evenings. Also serve food but didn't eat there as had booked elsewhere. Enjoyed drinks on the balcony overlooking the sea.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Britannia is a welcoming pub with a good atmosphere and friendly staff. Food is unfussy with decent steaks, chicken and fish options. The restaurant upstairs has a balcony where you can enjoy a drink and a lovely view of the bay. If you want a balcony seat nets to get down there around 7.30 before the Yachting fraternity descend. The Britannia is good value as well as a pleasant holiday evening out.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My lad and I enjoyed our meal at the Britannia. It was a warm sunny day and we sat outside on the upstairs terrace for lunch. I had dressed crab and new potatoes as we looked out on the crab pots piled up on the quay opposite, and the boy enjoyed his bacon sarnie. The food was nothing special, and the beer a little warm, but overall it hit the spot. I didn't find the welcome or the service especially memorable; our waitress was a nice old girl but a bit of a grumbler. When I asked for a pint of mild she made sure I knew she would have to call downstairs for it. Anyway no complaints overall but I think we'd have been a bit underwhelmed if sitting indoors.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have just returned from a meal at The Brittania Inn. The food was good and the waitress was very pleasant and helpful. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about our welcome and the service from Mark, the bar manager. His attitude was rude and unwelcoming. We seriously considered walking away and going somewhere else for our meal. Apparently this is a known problem. Maybe the owner/management should acknowledge this problem and consider a customer service course for him.

3  Thank Dexythebear