“Delicious and good value”

Pharoah's Cellar Bar
Cuisines: Welsh
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Delicious and good value”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We visited Pharaoh's Cellar Bar over the Easter break after reading the reviews on trip advisor. We weren't disappointed. As a family of four with two teenagers we needed something delicious but not too fancy. It was perfect, three courses each and not a scrap left by anyone! Successful choice and would highly recommend

Visited April 2013

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Very cozy”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was made to feel welcome from my entrance to the cozy cellar bar and restaurant. Try the ginger dessert - it was an extremely nice ending to the great meal!

Visited April 2013
Sandbach, United Kingdom
“A great little find”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Whilst staying in Aberdovey this week, my wife and I had the pleasure of eating in the Celler Bistro. We had not been there before and the second we descended the stairs into the restaurant below ground, it just oodled charm and atmosphere.

The hosts were very friendly indeed. I had told Marg (owner) that it was my wife's birthday and as soon as we sat down, my wife was presented with a glass of fizz.

We both had the homemade pate to start which was very nice. I followed this with "Trevor's special" medallions of beef and my wife had a half roast duck. Both mains were really good. My beef was cooked perfectly (rare) and my wife's duck just melted in the mouth. All washed down with a pleasant New Zealand sauvignon blanc.

My pudding sounded interesting - ginger and black pepper sponge with fudge sauce. And it was. Weird how good it was. My wife had the profiteroles.

If we are in Aberdovey again, we will definitely be heading down the stairs again.

One thing to note - check opening times. At present, it is only open on Wednesday through Saturday.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Dave A
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The first time we dined here we were intending to eat at the 'Bear of Amsterdam' but it had closed and so by the time we found our way to 'Pharoahs' it was getting late but we were welcomed in and had a very good evening. The menu is varied and the food was very good - so good we booked to return the following evening. The atmosphere is as good as any restaurant We have visited and when we return to Aberdovey, we will certainly return to 'Pharoahs'

• Visited February 2013
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Amazing choice and excellent quality”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a fantastic meal, there was a good selection of dishes, quality was fantastic, lovely atmosphere and excellent service. A real gem, we will definitely be revisiting. Thank you for a lovely evening.

• Visited February 2013