“Neilsons, Glenrothes”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brigydon

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberdyfi (Aberdovey)
Brigydon
Glenrothes
“Neilsons, Glenrothes”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have just spent 3 nights at Brigydon and cannot rate it highly enough. This is definitely the best bed & breakfast we have ever stayed in. Linda is the perfect hostess and cannot do enough for you. The accommodation was spotlessly clean and the breakfast was the best we have ever had. We will certainly recommend to our friends and family. There was also private parking, which was an added bonus. Will definitely return.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had a very warm welcome from Linda when we arrived at this fantastic B&B.
The room was beautiful, tastefully decorated and had outstanding views across the estuary. Most importantly (for us), because of it's location - it was also very quiet and peaceful. (There is also free secure parking, so one less thing to worry about).
The breakfast was just wonderful. An excellent fresh fruit selection, cereal, toast etc - plus a cooked breakfast if you would like, using local produce.
We stayed for three nights and enjoyed every minute. If we ever go back to Aberdovey, Brig-y-Don will be the very first place we call!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I have just spent 3 nights (12 to 15 July 2013) at the Brigydon to celebrate our wedding anniversary and recommend it most highly. We cannot think of any improvements possible so well have the hosts thought of everything. The welcome was warm, the accommodation spotless, tasteful and comfortable, and the food outstanding. We were greeted on our arrival and shown to our room which was perfect. After a full and helpful description of all the dining options in Aberdyfi, we enjoyed an excellent meal followed by an evening walk along the jetty and nearby beach. Breakfast was a delight: an excellent selection of fresh fruit was followed by a cooked breakfast using locally sourced ingredients, and as much toast, tea, coffee or fruit juice as we needed. The experience was unrushed and thoroughly civilised. At the end of he day we relaxed into our comfortable room with the most wonderful views of the unspoilt Dyfi estuary. This is truly a most beautiful part of Wales and the accommodation second to none. We have no hesitation in repeating our visit, and thoroughly recommend this as one the best B&Bs we have ever stayed in.
David and Jane

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were made to feel very welcome by Linda and Nigel. We had a really lovely night's stay in excellent accommodation. A highlight was being able to sit in bed and look through the window to fabulous views of the sea, helped by the great weather we were lucky to have. Can highly recommend the delicious breakfast too! Would certainly go back again and very reasonably priced too. Thanks to my husband Richard for locating a little gem!

West Midlands
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night at Brig-Y-Don on Friday 5th July 2013 and purely chose to call after reading the numerous excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.

We arrived at lunchtime and were welcomed by Nigel and courteously shown to our en-suite room, which as reported elsewhere had a magnificent view of the Dovey Estuary, and was beautiful in every way complete with a magnificent rain shower large enough for the two of us.
When we booked, Linda had suggested that we arrive early as we could leave our car and simply walk down the hill into the town of Aberdovey, in fact our car did not move for the whole of our stay.

The location of Brig-Y-Don is in a very nice residential area above the town, and despite sleeping with the window open we didn't hear a sound and slept like babies after our day in the sea air.

Linda’s breakfast is definitely worth a mention, and certainly qualifies for the “8 hour” rating given by others. Linda prefers each couple to eat breakfast on their own at a previously agreed time and this and her personal attention suited us perfectly. To start with, there is a tray of fresh fruit (in our case half grapefruit, strawberries, blueberries, apricots and avocado), yoghourts, various cereals, bottled water and juices. This is followed by your choice of cooked breakfast (including eggs Benedict c/w smoked salmon, a particular favourite of my wife’s) and there is also a substantial basket of hot toast and croissants and preserves provided for those who may want a lighter option.

Finally, we’ve only got two comments to make: 1) Completely disregard the negative comment below, the couple who made them must be complete head cases and 2). We wish that we could have stayed longer, but Linda was already booked up as we only decided to go on the spur of the moment (booking Wednesday) as the weekend weather forecast was so good, but as we have always loved Aberdovey so much so we shall certainly be back!!

Preston
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife (who has spent many years training me - I even have a little sand tray under the stairs in case of those little `emergencies`), has advised me to write this review which I gladly do.

The word sumptious doesn`t really do the place justice, but it`s about as close as I can get. Any speck of dust must have a terrible life Lonely, no friends to play with and permanently wondering if today is The Day when all things must end. Brig-y-Don is spotless.

Then there are the breakfasts ... I would not say that I am a gastronomic pig - no, but I am plain greedy. There is enough food on the breakfast table without needing to actually order anything from the kitchen. I ordered whatever was going and had to move my seat back in the car to enable me to get behind the steering wheel. It is what I call an 8 hour breakfast - that is how long it takes before you are hungry again.

To my mind, there is one thing and only one thing, missing. It is an indulgence I know, but I would have rather liked to have seen a half-naked Nubian slave, wafting me gently with an ostrich feather fan. I suppose that they are hard to come by in Wales though.

If you are on holiday close to the Aberdovey area, try your very best to secure a booking at Brig-y-Don.

Room Tip: Go over over the garage for the fantastic view over the Dovey estuary.
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our wedding anniversary after I had cycled 100 miles from Wolverhampton as part of the yearly cycle event for charity.
We were welcomed by Linda & her husband. Our room was a self contained en suite room above the garage. Views overlooked the Dovey estuary & it was so very quiet & peaceful.
Our room was lovely.
A king size bed & such comfortable duvet & pillows. Fluffy towels & bath robes too as well as beautiful toilitories. Also tea & coffee making facilities with homemade bara brith & biscuits too.

The breakfast menu is to die for. Mostly organically sourced. We enjoyed a selection of fresh fruit every morning, cereals,yoghurts; welsh cakes; toast & croissants as well as a wonderful cooked breakfast, eggs benedict with smoked salmon & my favourite.... Home made pancakes with warm berries:0)

Linda certainly knows how to make her guests feel welcome & we shall certainly be coming back here.
A truly wonderful stay in Aberdovey. Exceptional and without doubt a 5 star B&B:0)

Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdyfi (Aberdovey)
Penhelig Arms
Penhelig Arms
#2 of 4 in Aberdyfi (Aberdovey)
Ynyshir Restaurant and Rooms
Ynyshir Restaurant and Rooms
#1 of 1 in Eglwys Fach
Wynnstay Hotel
Wynnstay Hotel
#2 of 3 in Machynlleth
Dovey Inn
Dovey Inn
#5 of 12 in Aberdyfi (Aberdovey)
Seabreeze Restaurant with Rooms
Seabreeze Restaurant with Rooms
#2 of 12 in Aberdyfi (Aberdovey)
Cartref Guest House
Cartref Guest House
#3 of 12 in Aberdyfi (Aberdovey)

Been to Brigydon? Share your experiences!