“Excellent service .atmosphere and food is very good but could be excellent if concentrate on details”
Review of Portofino

Portofino
Ranked #3 of 205 Restaurants in Hartlepool
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Portofino is a bistro-pizzeria on the Historic Quay. It overlooks Hartlepool's most famous attraction, HMS Trincomalee. Surrounded by free car parks, it is the ideal venue for lazy lunchtimes, fast teatime treats and party nights.
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We went as 2 families with 4 children
The place and the atmosphere were nice and we really felt comfortable with the friendly staff
It was packed with parties and other people but we felt that the staff made all the effort to be friendly and to check on us for drinks and food
We had a selection of starters which were fresh and cooked to the perfection and the portions size are generous
The main meals were basic pastas and pizza for the children and I have to admit it was not like the starters or the sides
The pasta sea food could do with little extra king prawn and musells and to be served in timely manner but I appreciated that the staff were apologising and I do understand that it was so busy
The whole experience is positive and definite come back

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“disappointed with the meal”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've been to portofino's loads of times ,but the last couple of visits have been disappointing.
I saidto my husband the last time we were there which was in July and August this year i would never go back,However i decided to go this evening and give it another try. when the waitress came and took my order I asked for my chicken to be browned .To my horror when my meal arrived it was not cooked to my liking to me it tasted raw.I'm sorry but when a customer asks for their meal to be cooked to their liking should't they respect their wishes after all we do pay the bill!.
My husband's meal came with the chicken brown even though he didn't request it.my Daughters meal was also browned as she requested. I tried to catch the eye of the waitress, I do understand how busy they were. I eventualy had to get up and catch her as she was taken food to a table I explained to her about my meal she did come straight to our table and took my plate,after 15mins she arrived with my meal,but to my horrow it was the same chicken that i sent back, but it was just reheated in the microwave, i tried to slice the meat with my knife but was hard to cut, because the chicken had been over cooked I was totaly disappointed and embarressed,
My family were Embarressed and because of this my daughter walked out,I finished my drink off and went to pay the bill the girl behind the bar asked if everything was ok but i told her that the my chicken still wasnt cook as requested.this time I will never go back to this restaurant again certainly not after tonight events, neither will any of my family.
All i asked for was my food to be cooked to my taste how hard can it be to simply brown a breast of chicken in a frying pan.I myself am a trained chef/cook working in hospitals and restaurants so I do know how easy it is!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank jen m
“Best restaurant in hartlepool”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Visited portofinos on Friday 9th and I have to say it was beautiful, me and my partner had a lovely night. The food was perfect and had massive portions, the service was fantastic the girls are lovely, and the bill wasn't bad at all, will be back very soon!

“Brilliant”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Visited portofino on Friday 2nd, arrived in time for the happy hour which was a bonus, food was really nice portion sizes were huge, staff seemed really friendly and very smilie, overall a lovely dining experience

“Wow”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Love portos!!! Service is always fantastic and food is always amazing!!!! Very friendly atmosphere and hav never had a bad meal