Altonlea Lodge Guest House
Hillcarter Hotel(Hartlepool)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsb bseaton carewsecure parkingking size roomthe perfect hostfresh milksea fronthome from homelovely guesthouseexcellent breakfastnothing too much troublehartlepool areaexcellent accommodationcomfortable bedscooked to perfectionfriendly welcomegreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The Altonlea Guest House is a wonderful place to stay. Spotlessly clean and spacious, great facilities in the en suite rooms and an extremely friendly family environment. It also has a beautiful garden to relax in. The breakfast is the best I've had anywhere. I would recommend the place to all. The location is also superb: across the road from the beach and very close to local restaurants. The owners are very accommodating and knowledgeable about the area and its facilities. I've stayed here for the last three weeks and intend to stay for the duration of my work contract. Thanks very much to all at Altonlea for looking after me and making my time away from home as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Wrote this review weeks ago but it doesn't seem to have appeared.?

Located near the beach, but in a quiet side street, close to local amenities and hostelry.

Stayed for three nights in early April. Received a warm welcome from Lee and were immediately offered an upgrade to a room with a very comfortable king size bed. Lovely clean room and equally nice en suite. Our room was on the ground floor with patio doors onto a nice private garden.

Lee offered helpful advice on where to eat locally. There was a large selection of menus from nearby takeaways and had we wanted one crockery and cutlery would have been provided in the dining room.

Parking was easy to find right outside, and there was also secure parking at the rear if we had wanted it.

Breakfast was to die for with a great full English and a wide selection of cereals and fresh fruit to choose from. Coffee really hit the spot, our request for decaf was no problem.

This is without doubt the cleanest, friendliest and best B and B I have stayed at.

Lee and his mum really made us feel welcome.

I want to stay again!

Room Tip: I would request room 6 but expect all rooms are equally nice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is a regular stay for us when we visit relatives. We are never disappointed in this very welcoming b&b. Breakfast is beautifully presented and very tasty. Lee, Olwen and Tony keep the place immaculately clean and welcoming. Would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We have stayed many times and we are never disappointed,home from home.rooms are extremely clean & comfortable and nothing is too much trouble.We really appreciate all the care and attention the family give to guests which is what makes Altonlea so special...not to mention the great breakfasts,huge choice,freshly cooked to your particular likes.Secure parking,great location.If you visit the area don't stay anywhere else.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I can't remember how many times I've stayed at Altonlea lodge, but I'm never disappointed. Every time I go the standards are unmatched by any other Guest House I've ever stayed in. Nothing is too much trouble to make your stay a comfortable one. Breakfast is a proper feast of freshly prepared items that sets you up for the day. I will certainly be staying again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo