“One of the best ever.”

Altonlea Lodge Guest House
Ranked #1 of 16 Hartlepool B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 11, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome. One thing I think is really amazing is what Lee done he could have just simply told me how to drive from the front of the guesthouse to the back where the secure car park is but no he came with me in my car and showed me which way to go which I was really happy with because this saved some hassle because known me I would have got lost. Lee also helped to carry our bags up to our rooms I have been to other places where they don't do this for you. The rooms 10 and 11 that we had are very clean with very comfy beds and spacious. The garden is kept in very good order and is peaceful. The breakfast is one of the best we have ever had its in our top 3. We didn't have time to use the lounge when we were here but it is a great place to watch t.v, read a book or socialise its the room next to room number 6. The Altonlea is ideally positioned for the beach with it been just across the road, shops, pubs and restaurants are just down the road. For eating I would recommend Hornsey's bar & grill, Mateo's and the almighty Cod for the food but the service and drinks are terrible at The Almighty Cod.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 10, 2013

lovely guest house . people so friendly they carnt do enough for you . rooms were lovely foood great . location right on the seafront . i would go back there again you couldnt find a better place i havent heard anythink bad about this guest house .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

stayed at Altonlea for all of May 2013. Rooms were spotless and Lee was a great host. Never a problem for him to help out if required. did not stay for breakfast as was working early but offer was there to open early. Would definitely stay again as working nearby frequently.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2013

What a lovely family, we were made most welcome at their b&b, nothing is too much trouble, we had 4 room's which were spotless, we needed ground floor room's so didn't get sea views but we didn't mind as we had a lot of sightseeing to do so we were out all day. The breakfast was superb and we couldn't fault it, we will definitely stay again when we find ourselves in Hartlepool in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Altonlea Lodge Guest House for about 8/9 weeks and we could not recommend the place more highly. The place is spotlessly clean and the breakfasts are great.
Everyone takes a great pride in the place and go out of there way to make you feel welcome. Lee, Olwyn and Tony run the place in a friendly and professional manner and are thoroughly deserving of the high rating.

Ted & Annette

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I'm delighted I found this place! Charming, calm, very clean, homely, just across the road from miles of beach (you can walk along the sea front a couple of miles to Hartlepool marina), yet on a quiet, rather quaint village green. There is a very relaxing, friendly atmosphere. The owners go out of their way to make you feel at home. I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Wow, just spent 4 nights at the Altonlea guest house with my wife and what a fantastic place. The rooms are beautiful and clean. The breakfasts are fantastic. Tony Olwyn and Lea are very nice friendly people and all for a very good price. I rate this better than most of the large hotels around the world and we would not hesitate to stay there again on our next visit. If in Hartlepool do yourself a favour and stay in the best guesthouse around. Really a fantastic place. Blair & Sara

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple