Altonlea Lodge Guest House
$47
Travelodge
$66
Staincliffe Hotel(Hartlepool)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsb bseaton carewsecure parkingking size roomthe perfect hostfresh milksea fronthome from homelovely guesthouseexcellent breakfastnothing too much troublehartlepool areaexcellent accommodationcomfortable bedscooked to perfectionfriendly welcomegreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We received a great welcome from Olwen & Tony to their lovely B&B. A well equipped room that was very clean. A nice garden with conservatory to relax in. Breakfast is so tasty! Very convenient parking either on road outside the front or in their private car park at the back. A good restaurant nearby for an evening meal is Red. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I had cycled from Beverley in Yorkshire in the morning and arrived at Altonlea at 2050hrs in the pouring rain and bitterley cold. I was made extremely welcome and had a very clean and tidy room.. The shower was great! Breakfast in the morning was superb and set me well up for my cycle that day to Berwick on Tweed. Altonlea was an oasis of calm and greenery in what turned out to be a very wet and grey end to my days cycling.

A word of praise to t Matteos Italian restaurant a few hundred yards away. They served a fantastic pizza and coffee when I called in.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed here for one night, and we both found it a very comfortable stay. With very friendly owners, customer service was spot on. Our room was at the back in a annex and we couldent fault it!!
The breakfast was also very nice indeed.. All in All a very pleasent stay!!

Leigh x Carolyn

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Stayed here with friend when visiting the area.
The owners are very friendly. Rooms are fresh and clean, would have preferred a sea view....but as I didnt request this prior to the booking then I couldnt complain. The room we occupied was warm, clean, with great ensuite facilities.
The breakfast was excellent and a smiling face in the kitchen early in the morning really starts the day off well.
Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Request a room with seaview when booking
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank glynissailing
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Cannot fault in any way. I stayed for 4 weeks while working nights and was never disturbed during the day. Breakfast was freshly cooked and was very tasty. Room was warm, clean and comfortable. Bathroom was clean and shower excellent. Have since recommended Altonlea to colleagues who are now staying there. Hope to return very soon, a top guest house! Thank you, Olwen, Tony and Gilly the Labrador (my little buddy)

• Stayed: April 2011