“amazing!”

Masala Lounge Hartlepool
Ranked #34 of 205 Restaurants in Hartlepool
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Vibrant Indian cuisine located in the centre of Hartlepool that strives to provide excellent quality of food and service for customers.
North-East, UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“amazing!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

went here on new years eve after a recommendation from a friend.

Food - amazing, tastes so good, good sized portions, naan bread was gorgeous.
Atmosphere - great, love the decor, set out nicely
Service - could not fault it!! food and drinks were served in good timing, hardly much waiting around even though it was a busy new years eve. Staff were very friendly, asked us if everything was ok, asked if we needed more drinks when they noticed we were almost empty.

The price was very reasonable too, I would go here again and I have recommended this restaurant to all of my friends and family.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank glamour-barbie89

“Good food/poor service”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

The menu here is very impressive and the food was excellent. However ... we were met with an appalled look when we arrived and asked if they could do a table for a group. We were eventually seated at tables that were already empty when we arrived. The service was dreadfully slow - we were in the restaurant for 3 hours, and not intentionally so! But a good meal if you're patient.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank prose5
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Meal was tasty, service was very slow”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Made a visit for a change from my normal curry house, cinnamons in the marina. We arrived around 7.30, we had not booked a table but were seated straight away, we had to wait nearly 30 mins to get a menu and place our order. The food was tasty but not outstanding.... the service was painfully slow, we also had to wait for 45 minutes for our bill, eventually I made my way to the bar to chase it down and leave. I will not be going back and will stay with my trusty usual curry house.

Visited February 2014
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I don't normally write reviews, even though I always check Tripadvisor for holidays/hotels/restaurants myself. So here goes, my friend and I tried out the "Wednesday Special", 5 courses for £8.95, and quite frankly I was amazed that the food and presentation were superb and the portions weren't scimped on either. The decor lends to lovely ambience, the place is spotlessley clean, and we couldn't fault the friendly service. An all round winner, I'll certainly be back. Keep up the good work.

• Visited March 2014
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“don't see why its rated so highly”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

The evening got off to a bad start when our booking was lost. We werent in any hurry so happy to sit in the lounge area. I'd at least expected to be offered a drink, and the menu to browse, but no, I had to ask for both, and it was at least 5 minutes before anyone took our drinks order. It was a Friday night special for £8.95 IIRC, I had the chicken tikka starter which was tasteless. My wifes onion bhajias were ok though. I had chicken jalfrezi, which again was tasteless, with coconut pillau, which seemed as if it was pillau rice with sugar mixed in. They also failed my pet hate test, of not bringing the breads until 5 mins after serving the meal. Nice decor, warm, which my wife appreciated. Beers were Cobra, and Worthingtons, which was off ! Would I go back, no, definitely not.

Visited February 2014