“Our Marriage at the Staincliffe”
Review of Staincliffe Hotel

Staincliffe Hotel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Hartlepool
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and myself had a great day at our wedding at the Staincliffe Hotel, Seaton Carew, Hartlepool this August 2013. The staff could not be more helpful even though they were stretched by hosting two weddings at the same time. The food was great and the atmosphere was fantastic.
We cannot thank the staff and management of the Staincliffe Hotel enough and we wholly recommend anyone who is thinking of using the hotel for their wedding. The Baron room looked brilliant for the civil wedding, The Function Room served well for our 80+ guests and there was plenty of room with the large garden at the back and the decking at the front of the hotel. Several of our guests had mobility issues which the hotel arranged modifications to the doors and steps to help our guests move about freely.

The prices for the rooms, the food and the services were very reasonable and we managed to save money by swapping a sit down meal to a high tea that was a great success,

Take our advice and try the Staincliffe Hotel's restaurants first and you will see that it is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Staincliffe Hotel

Reviewed July 17, 2013

First of all after reading the other reviews I thought I ought to be Fair and give My honest opinion about this hotel.we booked one night stay here in June due to our friends wedding, from start to finish it was an absolutely fantastic day, I have never seen in any other hotel staff that are so hard working but also happy and polite which is a bonus. The food at the wedding was served very hot which is brilliant and you were not sat forever waiting to be served, everyone at this hotel was hardworking and made our stay most pleasant, the rooms were immaculate and the breakfast on the morning again was full English and to very high standards, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to my friends and family and look forward to our next stay here in the future.it was a very clean friendly and pleasant hotel and had fantastic views over looking the sea.
Pls note I didn't see fitness centre or pool so pls ignore my rating for these two options

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank palm75
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Visited when driving through Seaton to Hartlepool and stopped off on 3/4 times. It was pleasant to drink and sit over looking the sea. We ate once and the food was surprisingly good. We had a typical pub meal - steak and chips and Gammon and chips - perfectly fine and value for money. The only downside to the Staincliffe is the service - although there seems to be plenty of staff running round, the bar was often unattended or one bar person serving meaning we had to wait for unacceptable periods for service. I would go back to stay, have a meal or even just a drink as it was a nice environment.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank DBBDevon
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding, the place was very nice, our room, however was very small, the bed was boxed in to the side and bottom so i had to climb over my partner to get in and out of bed, ok for 2 nights but would be very annoying for more, i did laugh when i sat down at the dressing table to do my hair and all i could see in the mirror was the very top of my head and i'm 5ft8!!!
We ate in the bar and would recommend it, breakfast was nice too, proper sausages!
We had a good time

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank sarahjpea
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We went to the Darwin restaurent on Saturday 11 th of may, myself and 10 of my family members, we arrived a little early but this wasn't a problem, we were shown to our table and were quickly served with drinks. We were asked to pre order which was a bit of a pain as my family live in different parts of England so I had to send them the menu, but I can understand why. Every member of our party all enjoyed our meals, we had 8 starters 11 mains and 7 desserts and all were beautiful, the only criticism albeit a minor one, was made by my daughter ( who has worked in the pub and restaurent field for over 11 years was the Darwin is advertised as fine dining and when we were given mustard, mayonnaise etc, we were given sachets, not very fine dining, they should be served in nice little ramakins, But overall we had very good meals for 11 people who were all very satisfied for under £170, however the drinks bill wasn't so value for money but maybe that was asking for to much!. Well done to the hardworking staff and thank you for a nice evening.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lyn B
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Having booked a room on the hotel's website at the end of January, we arrived at the hotel last Sunday evening in time to get changed for a friend's wedding party. We had decided to stay overnight so that we could spend an evening with our friends and my husband's colleagues.
Astonishingly, when we arrived, there was no-one on the front desk so we were forced to find a member of staff so we could check in. We waited for at least five minutes for someone to turned up. The person who did turn up was the hotel's manager, Angela Jukes. She was obviously hassled and she gave the impression that our arrival was bit of a nuisance - she was rude and dismissive. I also noticed her being very rude to another guest who was trying to pay for his room - she was insisting on full payment in advance. She couldn't find our booking and promptly advised us that the hotel was fully booked. We were absolutely stunned. Angela gave me her contact details - strangely this comprised of her personal email address (why?) and the hotel fax number. She promised to get back to us. She didn't of course and has not responded to my subsequent emails. I just tried to call her at the hotel. I was kept waiting for several minutes and then someone hung the telephone up. I have absolutely no idea why people who work in the service industry believe they can get away with such shoddy service. The fact that our room was unavailable caused us considerable inconvenience and seriously compromised our enjoyment of our friend's wedding. It also ruined our plans for the following day as we had no choice but to return home that evening. To add insult to injury I received an automated email on Tuesday requesting a customer review. Well, here is your review Angela Jukes.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
10  Thank Kate B
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had booked a room well in advance of my colleagues wedding that was being held at the hotel. We booked through the hotel's website. We had received confirmation by email with a booking reference. We booked in January for the wedding on the bank holiday weekend in May. We walked into the hotel expecting to be greeted warmly but were told that the hotel was overbooked and that there was no room for us. The person who dealt with us was very rude and did not try to make amends at all. This totally ruined what should have been a happy experience attending a friends wedding! A terrible experience that caused us to change our plans at the last minute.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends