“lovely food”

Red Grill Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have been to this restaurant a few times now and we have had a lovely meal each time we have been. You cant fault the food and the service is very good as well. It has a great atmosphere and always seems busy so I would recommend you book prior to going. Very good value for money.

1  Thank chrishartlepool

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Good food, nice atmosphere, pleasant surroundings, friendly staff.

Not always easy to get booked in for when I want, as I usually have to phone at short notice due to my Husband's work commitments. However, that's a good sign that the restaurant is popular and busy.

1  Thank True R
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Im typically quite difficult to please in a restaurant but have returned to Reds time and time again. The staff are friendly and always remember you. My partner was heavily pregnant on our first visit and the manageress made a point of remembering how far along we were and even when the baby was due the next time we came in! The Chef is a very personable, front of house kind of guy and regularly comes out to talk to customers. The kitchen is open plan so you can SEE them cooking your food which I like. It makes me trust them. You also get to see just how clean they keep everything which is a major plus point for me. All round, Reds is fantastic value for money. Its Restaurant quality food at pub prices. Absolutely cannot fault them whatsoever and Ill happily recommend them without a moments hesitation.

I will point out that you CANT leave your kids to run around though and go wild.... they need to sit at a table and behave themselves. But then, it IS a restaurant. So who WOULD to do that?: Who WOULD allow their children to run round in a place where people are walking around with hot food on plates? Who WOULD allow their children to do as they pleased and irritate other customers? If this is the kind of environment you want to dine in, then try McDonalds.

2  Thank Pete N
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Good food, pleasant restaurant with atmosphere. Only dislike is the opening hours.. Have tried 2-3x to go since but they stop taking bookings so early which is a shame really so we have ended up finding other nearby places to eat instead.

1  Thank Sweeeetcheeeeks
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Try the potato skins - they are well worth it and great way to start the meal!

1  Thank GordonandMichael