“Great holiday”

Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Just back from a weekend family holiday where 32 of us all had a fantastic time. Gold and silver plus vans were lovely but silver and bronze were very basic. One van had a leaky shower and within a few hours of reporting the fault we were given a new, upgraded van. The dance floor is tiny and the bar tables are a bit dirty and sticky but the staff were great fun and really helpful (especially Andrew and Debbie!) The children all enjoyed the entertainment and liked the play parks. The beach is lovely but watch out for the dog poo!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a gold van if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you so much for your reviewing your stay at Crimdon Dene.
It is great to read that all 32 of you had a fantastic break with us and we exceeded your expectations. I am pleased to read when you reported a fault it was dealt with promptly and didn’t cause you too much of a Inconvenience. We are delighted that you found the staff really helpful especially Andrew and Debbie who will be thrilled to hear your comments as we strive to deliver high levels of customer service and creating amazing memories for our holiday guests. I do note your point about the dance floor, but we are so pleased with our newly refurbished facilities that we have to offer our guests and I am pleased that your children got to enjoy our wonderful entertainment and play park.
I do hope that you all 32 of you return in the near future and thank you again for taking the time to leave your review.

There are newer reviews for Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights and is canny for the kids. Garry was a great help when we were having no luck with our awning as was our first time trying to put the stupid thing up. He even found us some pegs anf some carpet to use. A BIG thank u to him. However the staff in the resturant had no idea what the hell they were doing. My meal arrived about 20 mins after rest of family had eaten and 2 meals hadnt even been registered on the till so had to cancel them. Was no apologises or anything about them. If go back defo will not be eating in there. Arcades were just full of gangs of kids that im assuming live on the site. All just sit and stare and my kids couldnt go on anything as all sat on the machines.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank lauraelliott

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay on our touring field here at Crimdon Dene.
I will pass on your lovely comments regarding our touring warden Gary who you found very helpful as I’m sure he will be thrilled to hear he made your first time setting up your awning go a little easier.
The feedback we are receiving from the restaurant has been very positive and I am very disappointed to read that your experience in the restaurant was not good and I can only apologise for the upset caused and I will pass your comments onto the Complex Manager who I know will forward them to the team. I will also pass on your comments regarding the arcade to ensure that the area is inviting for all guests and to make sure the machines are not being taken up by people not using them.
Thank you for bringing these comcerns to my attention and I hope to get the chance of welcoming you back to Crimdon Dene in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Great site, decent size caravans, entertainment is great for the family, and the restaurant staff are friendly and helpful specially Louise working hard behind the bar. Has a onsite swimming pool, amusement arcade, nice to walk along the beach, fun for all the kids.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crimdon Dene and I am very pleased that you have enjoyed our facilities and found the staff to be friendly. I will pass your comments onto the Complex Manager regarding her team and I am sure they will be thrilled to learn that they helped with your holiday enjoyment.

The beaches near to the park are lovely and I am pleased that you been able to explore the local areas.

We look forward to your returning in the near future to Crimdon Dene and further reviewing your stay.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

we booked a 8 berth silver plus caravan, the kitchen floor, dishes, pots pans cutlery were filthy, a broken pan and a tv which was broken. long hairs found in the bedding. we could not park the car anywhere near the caravan. we had to find flag stones to put a footpath down just so we could get into the caravan due to being very muddy. trains going past late at night and early morning. no good for the three kids we had. i would never go back again and would not recommend to any one,,, if park resorts need to get in touch with me to apollogise for the standard of this silver plus caravan, my booking ref was 1917058,,,,,,,alan

Room Tip: don't go to 16 ocean view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ALAN f F

I am very disappointed to read your recent review regarding your stay at Crimdon Dene. I have looked into your booking with my Holiday Sales Manager and we can find no record of you reporting any concerns during your stay. We always encourage our guests to report any concerns at the time of the stay in order to give us the opportunity to rectify them if at all possible and so I can only apologise for your frustrations. I am also very sorry that you didn’t like that caravan as we had moved you into a Gold Caravan a upgrade from the Silver Plus that you booked prior to arrival.

Since your departure we have had guests check into the caravan you stayed in and have had no report regarding a broken television so I am unsure if you attended to this yourself. I can only apologise if you did as this was certainly not necessary as we have 24 hour service cover for all of our holiday caravans the numbers can be found on all guests keys.

With regards to the parking bays unfortunately we do not offer parking bays or parking outside of our caravans and sometimes guests do have to park a small way away from their accommodation. I apologise if this caused you any inconvenience.

It is regrettable that you found the trains to be a disturbance to your family. Some of our caravans are near to a train line and we do advertise this in our brochure and on the web site and whilst many guests enjoy to see them going past I can understand that this was not suitable for your family.

I am sorry that you would not return or recommend us to anyone, however, I do hope this has not deterred you from visiting another Park Resorts park that may be more suitable to you and your family needs.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Considering it was the beginning of the season I reckon our accommodation was rather shoddy. Poor hard standing for the car. Rickety stairs to enter. Bed was excellent!!. Sign posting poor. You needed magnifying glass to read the so called programme. Local information none existent.I personally found the shower unit difficult. NO SPLASH MAT despite fitted with carpets, which were damp when we arrived. Fortunately we took our own radiators. The gas fire failed to operate on several occasions.

Room Tip: Take your own heaters!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bluey249

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crimdon Dene. I am however, sorry to read that you did find the accommodation suitable for your needs. We do have a service team on call 24 hours a day that would of assisted you if you had difficulty lighting the fire or indeed any other concerns that you had. The numbers can be found on your accommodation key ring for our guests ease and I can only apologise for your frustrations during your stay. We do provide leaflets in our reception with lots of local attractions and our reception team are very knowledgably on the local area and all that it has to offer and always advise our guests to pop in and see the team if you need any further information during your stay.

I do hope that this has not deterred you from visiting Crimdon Dene again in the future and hope that you will visit us again so that we can demonstrate our usual high standards.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

The staff are very helpful especially debbie and lizzie behind the bar I would say 10 out of 10 for those two tha k you very much for sorting my meal out and excellent customer service with all of my family (if you can remember I was the handsome baldy chap :) .. ) top service and a better place than sandy bay 1 very happy customer and I will be back

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank sprouty12

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crimdon Dene and it is great to hear that you and your family have really enjoyed your visit. I will certainly pass your positive comments onto the Complex Manager about her team and they will be thrilled to learn of your experience. I am so pleased to hear that you are looking to returning and I look forward to you further reviewing your next stay.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Accommodation............Horrendous, filthy, looked like excrement on bathroom door, basic hut on wheels, supposed to be Gold, -my backside.
Complained to staff, cleaners came round, and one said. "Didn't you check this site out on Trip advisor?" That's from the staff.
Numerous mid fifties gents with little ponytails with matching kids living onsite with large white vans and large tipper trucks full of scrap iron.
One Static caravan had a pyramid off 47KG empty gas bottles piled up against, ready to be smelted.
What a place? such a shame as no where decent to visit is too far away.
Park resorts seem to have forgotten about the honest holiday maker.
Crimdon Dean......more Like GRIMdom dean.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank DiyDaveJ31

Thank you for your recent review following your stay at Crimdon Dene. I am aware from my records on park that my Accommodation Manager and her cleaners did attend your caravan but you informed them that you did not require any cleaning so I can only apologise if this wasn’t to be the case.

As a returning guest I am surprised to read your comments regarding other guests on the park and I can only apologise on this occasion Crimdon Dene was not the park for you. I am hopeful that it will not deter you from visiting another Park Resorts park that will hopefully more suit your needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartlepool
Travelodge Hartlepool Marina Hotel
#3 of 9 in Hartlepool
Metro Inns Teesside
Metro Inns Teesside
#8 of 9 in Stockton-on-Tees

Been to Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!