“Lovely location but filthy van”

Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts
“Lovely location but filthy van”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We are still on holiday at crimdon as I write this review. Upon arrival here the location is marvellous with sea views. The staff in reception are polite and helpful and dealt with me efficiently, then we went to our van. We brought our dog with us and paid £30 extra to do so but upon entering the van we found immediately that you pay the extra to lI've in a kennel. The place was filthy with dirt up the walls,on the bottoms of the entrance and bedroom doors even under Windows by the dining table. The work surfaces had not been cleaned with a fishy smelling slime under the kettle, there was food and fat stains on the wall above the cooker and the fire had burnt on grime from. the lack of quality cleaners. Then to top things off we were greeted with a turd the size of a babies arm in the toilet which refused to leave us because the toilet was blocked causing the sink in the kitchen area to gurgle it let out a whiff of poo when the toilet was flushed. Today is our first full day so at 9 am I went down to complain at reception and showed the dirty caravan pics which I took and was told this would get sorted asap. Emma the new cleaning manager came personally and was disgusted with how the van was and set about on her own to sort the filth out and did the best she could but it's almost impossible to polish a turd (thanks Emma), then the man came and fixed the loo so we were at last able to use without the smell. We could have booked to come here with hoseasons for nearly £80 less than we paid but decided to pay extra and go with park resorts as we have used hoasasons before and was disappointed with them too when we would have been better saving the money for the same standards. The site itself is situated perfectly and we have been to the pool which is great for the kids. I would like to think we would come again but the van is an issue as I feel paying to receive this quality of van does not make any sense to me. I will be making a formal compliant to park resorts and including photos.

• Stayed October 2013
Park R, General Manager at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hi Martin, I am disappointed to read your review regarding your caravan at Crimdon Dene. I have investigated and I can only apologise on this occasion we got it very wrong and your caravan was not up to the required standard. We will write to you directly regarding this matter and I sincerely apologise that your caravan was not ready for arrival as it should have been.
I am pleased that you are enjoying the location and facilities that we have to offer and do hope this won’t deter you from returning to Crimdon again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Belper, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We just returned from a friday to monday stay. Arrived on the friday following a six hour drive due to A1 accident and closure, it was gone midnight but the guys in reception were quick polite and friendly, which really made a difference. the caravan was clean and in good order, and the location is handy for visiting hartlepool marina etc. We were visiting family from Darlington and needed good value accommodation, this was perfect.Will most likely use again for family visits and such.

1 Thank jimkirkie
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crimdon Dene. I am sure that other travellers will find your review useful. Firstly, how horrible that your journey ended up being such a long one but I am pleased that our security officers were there to meet you and quickly show you to your caravan and get you settled in. We feel it is important that guests checking in late are able get settled in quickly with no delays.
It is lovely that you have enjoyed the local area and would look to visit us again. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Grantham
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

All the staff at crimdon Dene were fantastic & made the family feel welcome. It was a very quiet week but teamstar Les made sure the kids still had fun at the kids clubs (my kids were the only one's there!) With a painting session ending in a glitter fight in the bar one day & indoor rounders in the showbar the next day. Hilarious watching them all, & the kids (& Les!) Had so much fun! Would definitely go again & highly recommend the park to other families :-)

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crimdon Dene. I am pleased that you and your family have really enjoyed your stay even though the park was quiet during your time here. I will pass your feedback onto Les.
We look forward to you returning again in the near future and once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay as I am sure other guests will find it helpful.
Lowestoft, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I went to crimson dene holiday park with my parents. When we arrived we thought it was really good that they had toiletries in the ladies toilets to freshen up after a long journey. We were really pleased with our accommodation it was lovely and clean and had great facilities within the caravan. I would defiantly recommend this park to family and friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hi Charlotte, thank you very much for reviewing your recent holiday at Crimdon Dene. We are very pleased that you and your parents have enjoyed your stay and found the caravan and our facilities everything you were looking for.
Thank you for recommending us to your family and friends and I do hope you will join us once again for a break in the near future.
Chopwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Team stars Andrew and les are great at what they do they were excellent in keeping the kids entertained will be booking again real soon. Very good complex very entertainment on an eveing for all ages. Kids were really entertained loved the madness and mayhem

• Stayed October 2013
Hi Claire, thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crimdon Dene. I am so pleased that you have enjoyed your stay and I will pass your lovely feedback onto our team stars, Les and Andy. I am so pleased that your children were well entertained and enjoyed madness and mayhem and other entertainment offerings!
It is great that you are looking to return again and I am able to tell you that over our closed season we are having our Showbar extended and refurbished and we will, for the 2014 season, become a lively entertainment holiday park with a larger entertainment team and more shows for our guests to enjoy.
Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you back in 2014.
Ashington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Me and my 5 year old son have just come back from our holiday to crimdon dene and we loved it. The entertainment was fantastic the team stars were great. The caravan was just basic but was good enough for us especially since we only paid £69. My son enjoyed the activities they had on especially rounders. The only thing i think could of improved our stay would be to add more games on in the entertainment centre.

1 Thank Dominique869
Hi Dominique, thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Crimdon Dene. I am very pleased that both you and your son really enjoyed your stay and I will pass your feedback onto our entertainments team.
I note your comment regarding more activities and I am pleased to be able to inform you that over our closed season we are having an extension and refurbishment of our Showbar and will then become one of Park Resorts “Lively Parks”. This will mean that Crimdon Dene will offer more entertainment than the “Leisurely Park”, which is our current status. I do hope that you will return next season to see the changes and have another enjoyable holiday with us.
Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay.
newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Came up the 14th october-18th october.. Got there and check in was fast and woman on reception was helpful.. 1st time at the park and my son & nephew loved it :). my son loved the pool, it was nice and clean too & warm.. Les and Andy the funstar team or fab and a great laugh :). Was a couple of problems with caravan, etc dirty curtain, shower door was broke.. But would deffo come back here thanks :)

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crimdon Dene. I am pleased that your family really enjoyed their stay and I will pass your feedback onto Les and Andy and also to the swimming pool team members.
It is great that you found our check in fast and friendly but I am sorry you had a couple of issues with your caravan, I do hope that you reported them to our reception so that we were able to address them without delay.
I am very pleased that you will look to return in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back to Crimdon Dene Holiday Park.