“Brilliant”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hartlepool
Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

First time away with park resorts. We had a great time and will be back. From the moment we arrived we had a warm welcome. The children where so excited to meet Narky while we waiting for our keys. The young man behind the bar was very helpful and friendly. We ate there with the family twice and the food was great, lots of choice and great deals. The entertainment was spot on. The children loved the kids clubs and the car was full of bits and bobs they had made. The evenings were great. Loads for the children, Hayley and Andrews energy was amazing I was tired just watching them. We wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
It was great to read your review and I note that it was the first time away at a Park Resorts Park, so firstly thank you for taking the time to write the review and it's lovely to read that you would definitely return. We are very pleased that your children met Naarky and I am glad that he behaved, he does have a habit of getting into a lot of mischief when he is out and about. We have a brand new complex team and your review is nice to read about both the food which was enjoyed and that the staff gave you a warm welcome. I will pass your comments onto Hayley and Andrew and I am very happy that you are taking away some amazing memories and we look forward to you returning to Crimdon Dene in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had an amazing time at crimdon i will deffo be back i had the most warming welcome and laura was so helpful and was very welcoming i would love to come back soon and the park is so clean and tidy and my caravan was amazing so clean and tidy and everyone is just so nice

• Stayed April 2013
Park R, General Manager at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
What great comments to read! Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave such positive feedback about you recent holiday with us. I have passed your comments on to the Holiday Department regarding check in and I am pleased that you found Laura to be helpful, she is new to the Park this season and so your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. We are so pleased that you enjoyed you stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon!.
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

As it happens I own a static home on this particular park and I have been living here for 5 years now.In all the past years living on park I rarely called in the caravan club because in my personal opinion It really did, well, dare I say Suck? I would just like to share with guys how I have noticed big improvements this season... I am writing to compliment all of the staff in the entertainment complex for all of their efforts and hard work. My heart goes out to you guys. The staff really do seem to care and take interest in what I want And what I don't.
Special thanks to Rhys the Fella behind the Bar you do serve a Pint of Bud really quick and Teamstar Isy never knew anyone could show so much enthusiasm in entertaining not just the Kids,us mams and dads too you. You really do go that extra mile to make sure we have fun Oh Sarah the complex manger I would really love to know how she can keep a cool head in were I would Panic, yet, it's early days lol haha...But please do keep things going the way they are Most of all Crimdon beach to me is one of the best beaches up this end of the coast, maybe because I have a lot of childhood memories here. Gosh i can even remember when they had donkey rides which I miss, yet, I do know you can go out for a pony ride from the stables a little further down from here... As a realist The only let down even though i have taken into consideration that this is a holiday park I reacon they could easily bring the prices down a bit or maybe even a Lot on the drink because it is rarther pricey..

1 Thank Edward K
Park R, General Manager at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Entertainment Complex. I was sorry to read that you did not visit the complex before this season as you did not find it a enjoyable experience. I am pleased to read that you have found this year a good experience where you are wishing to return. As you are probably aware all of our team in the Entertainment Complex are new for 2013 and I am pleased with the great positive feedback such as yours that we are getting. I will pass your comments onto the team and thank them all personally. Your comments on the beach are very helpful for visitors looking to visit Crimdon. I take on board your comments with regards to bar prices and can assure you that they are in line with high street prices and we monitor this closely. Once again thanks for your great feedback and look forward to maybe seeing you in the Complex!.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

A guy in the showbar kicked off with a woman. Language was totally unbelievable when kids are present. Alcohol totally to blame. Bar staff did absolutely nothing but smile until the guy left of his own accord shouting profanities across the room as he left. This happened on 30 march 2013 at around 1645

Stayed March 2013
2 Thank inthetrade2
Many thanks for taking the time to leave us some comments, Firsty I am sorry that you have had to experience this behaviour in our Complex, I note your point with regards to the bar staff, however, as bar staff they are not legally allowed to intervene in altercations. This would be the responsibility of the park Duty Manager. Due to all our bar staff being new for the 2013 season their response to calling the Duty Manager may have been longer than expected, however I am happy to say that most adults that use the complex are responsible adults and this is not a regular occurrence in our complex but we will certainly bring up dealing with this issue in our on going training. Once again thankyou for leaving us with this invaluble feedback.
Ringwood
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just visited Crimdon Dene with the family and had a great-though cold weekend. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and the van was clean and well maintained. The Bar staff were chatty and helpful, and the Entertainments team were brilliant with the children. Well done to Entertainments Manager Hayley and her team! We'll definately be back

1 Thank Owlsfriend
Park R, General Manager at Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent holiday at Crimdon Dene. I was especially pleased that you found our Bar staff helpful as all of our team are new to the park, along with our Entertainments Team. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to Hayley and her team and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Resorts soon.
Dudley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have been known to be critical with some reviews in the past, but I really do find it hard to moan about this place.
First and foremost, You are staying in a caravan, and you pay for that. Not a 5* hotel, if you want that, then pay for it!
We visited in march 2013, as had to visit the area to see a relative. We wanted cheap and cheerful with the ability to take the dog. We got more than that, With a bronze caravan I expected absolute basics. But i was pleasantly surprised. The caravan was large, plenty of living space and quite modern. The site itself im sure has plenty of facilities, but to be honest thats not our scene, so we didnt bother.
If i was to give you some bad points, firstly, the caravan was cold, but then it was snowing and right by the beach. Secondly the mattress was a little lumpy, but we still slept great. and if i was really picky, we had a train line at the back of our caravan, but only a couple of trains run past a day, and didnt really affect us sleeping.

I will certainly stay here again, and if you want cheap great value, then you should to, you get far more than you do with a hotel!

Room Tip: Dont pay for anything more than bronze, you dont need it. But do pay for extra heating!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to read that you found your holiday accommodation to be nicer than expected, albeit a little cold due to the severe cold weather and unfortunately our bronze graded holiday homes do only have heating in the front room. It is always advisable during the colder weather to bring warm suitable clothing. Our accommodation team will look into the mattress situation and thank you for bringing it to our attention. Some of our caravans do back onto a railway line, although, as you have quite rightly said, this is a quiet line and usually does not disturb our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Crimdon Dene when you are next visiting your relatives in the area.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

First time at Crimdon Dean and i was pleasantly surprised. There's nothing you can do about the weather and this time of year it sometimes can still be very cold although the caravan was well heated, immaculate inside and out .Most of the staff i'd been talking to were new but seemed to be well drilled in their jobs.The onsite mini mart was well equipped reasonably priced and the staff were helpful.Take a pair of binoculars as there's plenty of wildlife and views to look at .The beach is a five minute walk away although people with walking difficulties will find it a challenge as it's quite steep.Bingo lovers will love this place as it's linked up with the other Park Resorts sites and the cash prizes can get huge...

2 Thank Toonormy
Thank you for taking the time to review Crimdon Dene after your first visit with us. I was pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that you found the holiday home everything you had hoped it would be! It is helpful to let other prospective guests know about the wildlife at Crimdon as we are very fortunate that there is a lot to be seen here.
You are quite right in saying that the beach is lovely but access to it is a little steep, although if managed, it is well worth the visit! There are some photos on the Trip Advisor site that show the beach, rock caves and all that it has to explore.
Our team for 2013 is very new but I am pleased that you found them all to be pleasant and as you rightly say we have introduced “Link Bingo” this season which I am sure will be enjoyed by many, especially when Crimdon guests get the wins!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartlepool
Hardwicke Hall Manor Hotel
Norton Hotel
Norton Hotel
#9 of 9 in Hartlepool
Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County

Been to Crimdon Dene Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!