“Great meal yet again”
Review of Marco Polo - CLOSED

Marco Polo
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Great meal yet again”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Came in on sat 14th was really busy but i cant fault one thing! Came here a month ago and food and service still spot on! I absolutely love my xmas dinner the beef was beautiful, and the cheesecake was light! Again brilliant staff they know us by face now and even remembered it was my fathers birthday! Good evening :)

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Xmas party disaster!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We booked our Xmas party and from beginning everything was wrong.
On the bar been offer tap water as they not serve bottled water at all.
Because I'm diabetic I couldn't have nothing except water end up with soda water.
Starter was ok, nothing exiting. Our mains was reheated as chicken was dry on edges. No one finished in full. Desert another disaster!!! Been served by mistake fudge cake with fresh cream (asked ice cream with it) so when I point that to member of staff , she just scrubbed fresh cream from plate an try to cover that with ice cream. I count accepted that as I'm 8 months pregnant and need to be really be carefull with food... No fresh cream for me at all!!!!! My friends been served cheesecake with green patches On it... Discussing...
Service awfull, few times been poke by waitress never heard "sorry" or " r u ok" nothing ... Non of staff been interested if everything was ok with our meal.
Bar person been served all evening non alcoholic lager (blue Becks) to one of my friend which we r realise on the end.
when tried to make complain to member of staff, she's rang menager (owner of restaurants) and even he wasn't interested. Everything what we been told is that he will pop over later if we want to speak with him we need to wait, don't know how long!!!!
It's not our first visit but definitely last.
So disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Maaagdalena
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

6 of us went on fri 13th dec for a christmas/ birthday night out.
The initial greet was good but an extremely long wait for drinks, got our drinks and were shown to our table, the food was very good staff attentive without being over the top, enough time between courses basically everything you want for a good night out.
The only issue which was quickly resolved was the deposit was not taken off our bill .
We will certainly be back

Visited December 2013
Hartlepool
“Great Food, good atmosphere”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Had a family get together here as we had been before and remembered it fondly. Food was really good, better than I expected and we all enjoyed it. My only gripe was the background music, which was too loud and made conversation slightly problematical. The place was very busy but despite this, service was excellent. Would highly recommend.

• Visited December 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
“Little gem, happy staff ”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely adore this place! I come here every time i visit my daughter on hartlepool! Came last friday and as always was 10/10! Food was delightful especially the fillet steak which was recommended by staff! Love the atmosphere in there could do with a bit more lighting but all on all loverly decor. The staff were very friendly and helpful always asking if everything was okay and if we were okay for drinks as they always are when we come in few new faces but they were a delight to talk to. Never have a problem with staff when we visit, never disappointed when we leave. I always recommend this place to family and friends.