“wow!!”

Rothbury Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hartlepool
Rothbury Guest House
Ranked #5 of 15 Hartlepool B&B and Inns
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“wow!!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed at the Rothbury in Seaton Carew in mid-December. The accommodation was excellent (we had a front room with sea view which we had only booked the night before!!) and the full English breakfast was spot-on with good portions. We were well looked after by Gillian (the owner) and really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a front sea-view room!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Denis A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Redditch
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed - August , This was our fourth visit , nothing has changed . Gill & Steve were as welcoming as ever ,great hosts ,good grub and very clean and comfortable rooms .
WE WILL BE BACK ( that's a promise not a threat) Keith & Val , Redditch.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
North Wales
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Recently had a 2 night stay at the Rothbury with my 89 year old mum. From the moment we arrived nothing was too much trouble for Gill and Steve. We had a front sea view room which was lovely. Breakfast was great each morning and Gill and Steve always had time to have a chat with us. Steve kindly carried our cases down so I could make sure my mum got down safely. Having viewed all rooms I can honestly say it would be a pleasure to stay in any of them and look forward to visiting again. We left feeling as if we have known Gill & Steve for year. All in all a lovely stay and would highly recommend to anyone visiting Seaton Carew.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
durham
Reviewed September 5, 2013

my wife and i had one nights stay at the rothbury.we were in room ten which we found was really superb the view was perfect and the bed very comfortable all in all we were very impressed with both the cleanliness and the breakfast.steve and gill were friendly and very affable we will definitely be staying there again we can recommend the rothbury to anyone.verna and john

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank john r
Manchester
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Visiting the area with my partner and father who was attending an RAF reunion in Hartlepool.
I chose this B&B based on Tripadvisor reviews and was not let down. I had asked for ground floor rooms as my father is partial sighted and we were given rooms at the back of the house. They overlooked the side street that is a very quiet residential street. There is off road parking at the rear and plenty of parking on the side street (at weekend anyway).
Rooms are clean and well equipped and I certainly had a good nights sleep! Breakfast was very good and the view from the dining room is lovely. The owners, Gillian and Steve were very welcoming and this is obviously the norm as there were numerous Thank You cards on display.
My partner and I were given a tour by Steve who has refurbished the first floor front bedrooms to a high standard. We will ask for one of these on our return.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the two newly refurbished rooms on the first floor overlooking the seafront.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynne D
Mannheim, Germany
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Hello,
My name is thomas and i am from germany.
i' ve been for Business more than 12 weeks in the last 4 months
in the Rothbury Guest House.

I do my job more than 20 years,
and i have occasionally found a better place to stay
The complete house and area in fround of the house
was always clean and fresh.
The price-performance ratio was eminent.

All peoples in the house are be friendly and allways helpful.
I hope i can comeback some times .

Best regards and for the future all the best :-)
Thomas from Mannheim

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My brother stayed here last weekend, and asked me to put this review on as he was so impressed. The welcome, room, cleanliness and breakfast were all first class, and when they got a guided tour round the guest house, they said every room was large, and the en suites were very up to date and lovely.
Over the road and on the prom, and a 20 minute walk along to the marina. Nice coffee shops and ice cream shops on their doorstep in Seaton.

They booked a 'guide time' for breakfast so it was fresh, hot and they weren't rushed away.
All in all, his exact words are '10/10' we will be back".

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends