“What a fantastic hotel!”
Review of Norton Hotel

Norton Hotel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Hartlepool
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Great place to stop. Really friendly proprietors - Howie and Sue. Good food, comfortable rooms, great view. Who could ask for more?

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Madeirantraveller
There are newer reviews for Norton Hotel

Reviewed January 7, 2011

I am not a big fan of working away these days but my stay with Sue and Howie was home from home warm and friendly, So weather its buisness or pleasure you will enjoy your stay, I travelled from Basingstoke in hampshire easy to find the summer must be fantastic their if you stop at the Norton so if you need that warm friendly atmosphere do not miss this little gem.
Many thanks to the Norton for my 8 days away.
Steve the painter

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank steve0336
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks whilst working at the local hospital ( I am a surgeon). Super clean rooms and bathrooms. The restaurant and the main TV and sitting area is very cosy and friendly.
Breakfast was great, despite being a pescatorian and limited menu - it was filling and sumptuous at the same time.
The room was super spacious and was very comfortable, quiet. I had the room at the back so sadly no view to the beautiful sea that was just across the road.
I enjoyed every minute with the hosts who were to do all to make me part of the family and even would keep an eye on the car if parked on the street around the Green, and not in the free car park (CCTV is facing to the free car park and onto the street - so very safe to park my new Lexus and sleep at ease).
Very down to earth and humble loving couple own the hotel - very approachable,
Very altruist are the hosts, from seeing the array of thank you and newspaper clips, helping the community in all ways.
I am sorry to have gone after only 2 weeks.
A great clean respectable hotel for professionals, for romantic couples for a weekend break or even for family to come - you will 100% not be disappointed to be here at all. one of the best place I have stayed in the world. I jest not.
I do hope to hear from them, after leaving my contact details with them.
You will thoroughly enjoy the super good value priced rooms with 5* service with the traditional British style service.
Thank you for looking after me for the duration of my time there. Much obliged Howard and Sophie :)

MrT :)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank DrT_MD
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Very easy clean and comfortable living. Very friendly staff. Lovely homemade meals. Would highly recommend this hotel!

1  Thank Peter1302
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I stayed at the Norton Hotel for 4 weeks in September 2009. During my time there, I was offered the utmost genuine hospitality by the owners, and enjoyed the luxury of my own En-Suite which was clean and tidy on arrival, and subject to a regular room cleaning service that made my return to the Hotel on evenings a real welcome back. Meals were plentiful and of the utmost top quality. Of all the hotels I have ever stayed in, I have never had the pleasure the personal touch that you will get at The Norton Hotel.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank KeithDYork
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Stayed for a few nights and the owners Sue and Howie couldn't do enough to keep me happy. Breakfast was excellent and the views gorgeous. Everything I wanted was nearby and the place clean and tidy. It's a bit of a trek if you're on the top floor but you get that everywhere.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark_Ayres
Reviewed May 23, 2009

The hotel was very agreeable to both me and my wife. it is in a very good spot, it is clean & tidy and the proprietors Sue & Howard, were very helpful. We had a small on-suite room which was very much what we expected. The breakfast was fine with ample amounts to start the day. Our room had coffee & Tea making facilities, enough clothing space in wardobes etc. It had a colour TV with five channels. There was a sitting room with colour TV for communal recreation should you wish. Seaton Carew is a very quiet spot which suited our requirements, however there was ample beach for children to play and lovely long promanade walks by the sea, a golf course locally and some seaside amenities.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple