“Just fine and handy”
Review of Douglas Hotel

Douglas Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hartlepool B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Ideal location near to Hartlepool Town Centre though parking in the area near Hotel isn't great. Slight problem when we arrived at 3 p.m. as front doors are kept locked in the afternoons, however, we checked in and found our room at the top of the Hotel. Bed very comfortable and clean, modern furniture and fittings, shower etc. Plenty of hot water, busy breakfast on Sunday morning which shows the place is popular. Nice sound of Church bells around 8.30 a.m. Would return and would try an executive room next time! Less stairs to climb I think.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tigerbrian

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed four nights on a business trip arriving on the Sunday. The room was newly freshened up and spacious with a comfortable double bed. The shower room was clean, a decent size with a good shower. Breakfast was plentiful and dinner was excellent. A cozy feel to the place with a small bar and a smashing host in Lee. All staff were polite and helpful. If you're in Hartlepool don't hesitate to stay at the Douglas, it is excellent value for money. Jack, Glasgow

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jack G
Reviewed May 8, 2012

The exterior of the building is clean and well maintained for a building of its age and this continues through into the foyer, I was meeted with a friendly chat about my day and given my room key. I was unfortunately given the key to a room that had not been turned, this was corrected swiftly and without hassle. The room I was moved to was a spacious and light room, it was well fitted and had been recently refurbished including a new carpet and new furniture. I was later informed a large flat screen would be added to this room in the near future, the teas and coffee facilities are funtional and clean with plenty of tea bags,coffee,milk and sugar (and of course custard creams)

The Food in the resuarant is very good and was served both swiftly and with a smile, a clear and wide ranging menu is added to by a large specials board. Add to this the specials that has just come in that are no where to be seen and I think you would struggle not to find something you like, if its not on the menu just ask and the staff are more than happy to try and meet your needs.

I will definatley return to the Douglas Hotel and it is a welcome break from the sterile chain hotels we all usually stay in for work.

Room Tip: Room 5 was the room I stayed in.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I recently stayed for three nights with my mum and partner and we all had a great time at the Douglas Hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful and are happy to please. The breakfast staff are cheery and obliging and cook a tasty feast to set you up for the day; the salmon is particularly good. We were both pleased with our rooms but you can hear some road noise, although it is quite quiet after midnight. The beds were comfy and the rooms, spotlessly clean.
On the Saturday night we had a party of ten for dinner at their restaurant and it was fantastic. The service, quality of food and the atmosphere was top class and again, the staff really looked after us. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

They charge 4% to use a credit or debit card.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Brilliant stay, hospitality fantastic well worth the stay ,food out of this world and in perfect location for town .

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank ashbeasley
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I've travelled to many hotels around the world with my work, and never had the experience of staying in a place that makes me feel like i'm back in my parents house.
Warm, friendly, and extremely accommodating. The food is simply divine...

A home from home

Highly Recommended and an experience never forgotten.

Thanks Lee

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mikie A
Reviewed February 24, 2012

As a company we have been in the Douglas for 3 months taking around 3 to 4 rooms each week. The food is second to none and the portions very generous, The owner Lee is a wonderful chap and nothing is too much trouble. Even if you aren't staying in the hotel his restaurant is worth a visit on its own. Our guys will be sorry to leave they are getting looked after so well. We have certainly logged it as one of the places to stay if in the area.

Room Tip: This hotel has just been refurbished so nothing to complain about
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business