“Disappointment every time !!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe 19

Cafe 19
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: brasserie
essex
“Disappointment every time !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

My first visit I had eggs Benedict.... Couldn't eat it as hollandaise sauce was not homemade as tasted of powder! Gave them a second chance and had a fry up..... Well the fried egg was almost as big as the plate due to not being fresh... The mushrooms were boiled and looked horrid!! I expressed my views and was told the mushrooms were grilled and the eggs were fresh!!!! Lies!! I am a chef/food critic myself so I no how it was cooked just by looking at it!! i still payed full price for a uneaten fry up!!! Oh and on their menu they spelt jalapeño halapeno!!!! Says it all really

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lovestraveling81

London, United Kingdom
“Exceptionally nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

It is exceptional in its niceness, which may sound odd but can't think of a better description. The food is nice, not amazing. The atmosphere there is nice and the staff are lovely. I went there with my daughter and grandchildren recently and my granddaughter was profusely sick suddenly at the table. This was extremely embarrassing particularly in a restaurant, but the waitress was so very kind and helpful about it.
I have eaten there many times and would particularly recommend their breakfasts.
It's not the best food you will ever eat but you will be very happy with what you do have :)

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Inspiring”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I often visit 19, my family love it there it has a very relaxed feel the Friday & Saturday nights are well worth a visit we have had 3 christmas party's there and I have to say that its always been a fantastic night. Andrew & Sharon's attention to detail and their creative menu mixed with their excellent staff is a true recipe for success.

Essex
“A little gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

During a great day out in Frinton On Sea we came across this little gem on Connaught Ave which is the main street in the town. it's at the seafront end next to an icecream parlour run by a charming couple.
Although they were fully booked they fitted us in and we enjoyed a delicious meal of ham egg and chips and pizza.
It's small but perfectly formed and I highly recommend it.

London, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Excellent food and service, my husband and I went once, returned the next week with our son and daughter can't wait to return